Friday, May 6, 2011

It's time for Recipe Friday!

                   White Choc Chip/ Macadmian Nut Cookies

Stella: These are my all time favorite cookies... There might be a better recipe out there than this one, but these always taste so good I don't try to change it. I just follow the basic Toll House chocolate chip recipe (which is NOT on the bag for white choc chips pictured here.)


You will need:
1 bag white chocolate chips
2 bags Macadamian nuts- CHOPPED (I prefer 2 bags, but you could get by with just 1)
1 stick softened butter
1/2 cup crisco
1 cup sugar (I think it's supposed to be 3/4 cup but I always do 1 cup)
1 cup brown sugar (Same here. So much for measuring.)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt



Now here's the kicker. You gotta get that butter nice & soft! Which means sticking it out on the counter for awhile or microwaving it in 5 sec increments, which I do not like doing for fear of getting it too soft.


Blend the butter & crisco together like so. Then add your sugars, eggs, vanilla, flour etc etc. You guys know how to pour things into a bowl by now so I didn't photograph these simple steps.


Here I have chopped up the bags of macadamian nuts.



Add the chips & nuts to the cookie batter.



Drop on to foil lined cookie sheet & bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.


They will look puffy and almost gooey still when you take them out after 8-9 min. But don't worry- they are done!!!


And there you have it, my friends.
Deliciousness.

2 comments:

  1. Yummm... when did you make these? Something must be terribly wrong with my baking skills. I tried the rolls... and they didn't turn out like yours. something was just a little off. Im afraid to try cookies again. I guess it just takes practice so I will try these soon. they are my favorite cookies you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST COOKIES EVER!!!!! THEY TOTALLY BEAT THE SAME OLE SAME OLE CHOC. CHIP....... JUST SAYING MY DAUGTHER IS BRILLIANT IN HER BAKING SKILLS. :)

    ReplyDelete