Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spoiled

Loki: I just got back from the grocery store, (Crest that is.) I always swear I will not go again after I unload the paper bags. I guess I could just go green and buy those cloth sacks, but I have yet to do that. Anyway, it takes a sufficient amount of time to try and haul those bags from my car, to the door, then in the house, and then unload. All along I have a screaming baby because let's face it the child likes to be held. If you are up and doing something she wants a front row seat....(or a high row seat?) I have decided to show her some tough love and to quit giving in to her every demand. It is hard going from the theory that a newborn or baby cannot be spoiled by being held too much, but this baby is spoiled.

Stella: You know what? I actually was thinking that just yesterday as I tried to haul out 2 stupid paper bags to my car. I tried to roll them up to form a handle, but it only made it more difficult to grasp onto so then I just picked up my walking pace and hoped they wouldn't fall before I made it to the car. You know, even Nana Bess has gone green & carries around her recyclable cloth bags. You can really load the crap out of those. Does that phrase even make sense? Well, it is Mother's Day today so I guess we can chime in on that subject as well since you're blubbering on about your spoiled child. My child asked me when Daughter's Day is. Uh.. It's every day for you! She was so excited to go buy me an icy from 7-11 today. For some reason she got it in her head that it would be the perfect gift for me. That's why mothers say "It's the thought that counts!" I'm sure her father will call me later and thank me for raising her myself. Flowers will follow... Back to reality, you can't spoil a child with love. With that being said, teaching her that you will carry her everywhere she wants is spoiling her. Just like when you give in to her screaming demands and pick her up time and time again. It's good for her to learn the word 'no.' Loki shouted at me yesterday that I sure like to give other people advice and that I am not even qualified to offer such words of wisdom. Although I think I was lecturing Batman on how he should just learn to be content with his present job situation at the time. You know, like I am. Hah. Back to being a brat, even my child can be a brat. Yes, even mine. I know that's hard to believe. It's a work in progress...

 Loki: Well yes, it is hard to not spoil the child. It is a lot easier to just give in. I like having a baby and I don't know that I am prepared for all of the teaching and discipling that I will have to do for the next 18+ years. I am also not ready to worry about if I am doing it right. What if I get it wrong and seriously damage the girl? Bess already has gleefully told me that I will get pay back for my behavior. How is that encouraging? The thing is I am okay with all of my charades, I mean that I ended up okay. I grew out of it, I didn't have any severely damaging consequences with all of my shennanigans. I certainly had the opportunity to do so and by the grace of God I didn't. I do know that just because I didn't doesn't mean that she won't. It happens...kids do things that result in things that dramatically change the rest of their lives. Anyway, I've been told that you learn as you go. Of course I am not ready to deal with a teenager. I am not ready to deal with back-talking or lying or questions regarding everything. I am only able to deal with this 14 month old. So I am sure I will continue to learn. I just try not to think to far into the future because it just scares me.

Stella: I've already decided that at age 13, young Bella will be shipped off to a boarding school, also known as Nana's house. (In the event that we are still at Nana's house, I will just leave and go travel the world. Sending postcards and such letting her know that I am still alive and will return once her "I hate my mother" phase is over.) I do feel like your child should be a hellion just as you were as well. Why, my daughter is already a moody female so it's only fair that yours be rebellious in her teenage years as you were. By the way, you're just so deep. Why do you always have to write all this serious garbage about the future and life's big questions? It makes me feel like pulling out my hair. Maybe you should start seeing a therapist so you can express this feelings to someone other than me. You will surely need to once Blue starts sneaking out of the house at night and stealing her dad's rum. Bahaha. Speaking of therapy though, I was just offering The Man Child some guidance and counseling on his finances. And I must say, he truly appreciates all I have taught him. He even bought me a rose for Mother's Day. I put a curse on it though and told him that if he doesn't find someone to love him before the final petal falls off, then he shall remain beastly forever. hahaha. Maybe you had to be there... Okay, let's end this already.

Who do you think needs therapy the most... Loki or Stella... ?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad no one has commented. It makes me feel as if the world agrees that I am sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry.. but I laughed and laughed and laughed at your comment about telling TMC he must find someone to love before the rose pedals all fall off. You are too funny Stella.

    and yes, Loki..it is time to start saying no to the precious baby blue.... but NANA doesn't have too!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete