Monday, January 3, 2011

Best FOOT Forward

Stella: I'm afraid that it is that time of year... When we start thinking about all of the things that we should be doing, but aren't... And  then we try to make it our goal to start doing them, which usually lasts a week or two. Now Loki, you and I both know that in our family the obvious New Year's Resolution is to diet. Of course, I will be adding that one to my list this year as well. (Or rather, I will be making "life style changes" as Choc Chip puts it.) But I think I should come up with a few other goals too. We all have a few things we can improve, right? So here's what I'm thinking.... I'm thinking of working on obtaining the world's softest feet. Surprise! I have already come up with a strict regimine to improve the texture of my little tootsies so that they will most undoubtedly be the most prestine feet around. What'd ya think?

Loki: I think you will become obsessive like you do with most of your "goals." Even going as far as dancing with lotioned feet in socks. haha (This is what she had on at my house today... and needed to take her socks off for a bit. I guess lotion and sweat do not mix.) Perhaps I should try to have the roughest feet around.. ding ding ding! I wouldn't need to do anything! I've already won! Maybe I will try to grow out my fingernails... or give up something... like a TV show. Maybe I should make a committment to read my Bible more... or do the read the Bible in a year challenge. (Now that one will make my mom proud!)

Stella: Hmm. Doesn't sound like you came up with anything there. I also want to floss my teeth more and not drink caffeine. I will probably whiten my teeth again too since I haven't since I was 19. Geez, aren't I great at making goals? I know these are rather lofty things to obtain...  hah! (Yes, I'm being sarcastic since you never seem to understand that.) Maybe I should think of something a little harder that deals with my personality and character rather than just trying to improve my physical appearance. Hmm.. But what? And yes, the above is a true story. I took my socks off while dancing and let Loki examine their magnificent appearance for a moment before asking to see her feet. As soon as she lifted up heel, I felt a shudder throughout my entire body. Those things are hideous! Someone should get her to a foot spa pronto!

Loki: I like getting pedicures, and when the little asian lady uses the cheese grater and then realizes that she is still using it after 10 minutes and dead skin is still coming off, her face is priceless. I always try to laugh and pretend I am embarrassed. I guess to a degree I might be... Well no, not really. I can't help it! I've got rough heels! And I've tried keeping up with them, but it just never works. Big T is no foot person either... and never rubs them anyway. The only person to ever touch my feet is my mother. And she can't shudder because she gave me these feet! Why are we discussing feet? Seriously, you only went one month with no caffeine last time? It felt like it was a loooong time without caffeine. You should never part from caffeine. Cut back... yes. But do not stop...Please for the love of all that's holy! Haha. Just kidding. I hate caffeine-headaches. I was able to cut back to 1 a day while pregnant... But once that baby was out, it didn't last much after that. (Yes yes, I know it gets in the breastmilk...Maybe that's why she is so little! I am stunting her growth with caffeine!) Okay now I am totally off topic. I apologize. My New Year's Resolution is going to be to try to not ramble so much... Both on here and in real life. I think Big T is getting tired of listening to the minoot (I have no idea how to spell that!) details of every day... Which do not consist of much, except whatever is going on with the baby, and I guess he doesn't really need to know the color of her poo.

Stella: Yes, I'd appreciate that resolution for you. I'll probably try use my brain a little more too.. To read. Maybe write more too. I am also going to make a real honest effort to quit calling mother "Great Dane." She doesn't appreciate my latest nickname for her, although I am sure it took awhile for "Bess" to catch on too. Bahaha. I think I'm also going to spend 2011 as a blonde, which I know will please Gma Modern. I've had dark hair for a year and a half now, and alas, I just feel it is time for a change. I might even make an effort to put on something other than pajama pants once a week. If anyone has turned me into 'What Not to Wear' recently then they will have some horrible secret footage of me galavanting around town dressed like a teenage boy in sweats, hats and no make up. It would be very embarrassing to have to watch on national television. But I'm actually still deciding on that last one though. It will require the most effort. In fact, I have found I am not the only one! My friend started a blog in the effort to dress like a woman as well. Check it out: http://vanessaiaquinta.blogspot.com/

What is your New Year's Resolution?

2 comments:

  1. Nana Bess - NOT Great Dane!January 3, 2011 at 1:03 PM

    WEll, I must love my girls cause here I sit after litterally sleeping and laying in bed all day with the stomach bug that finally caught me (a week later than the rest of the famiy!). And here I am commenting. I enjoy your goals and mostly Loki's to read the Bible more. (but of course). I also think not always dressing like a teenage boy in sweats to the local wally world would be a great one too! :)Stella's feet are already the preetiest and softest in town so I really don't see a need to improve there and I am with Loki.. who cares really about our rough feet? They are to walk on. They need to be rough! :)
    My new goal is to exercise regularly somewhat better than now and to not just go along with whatever Stella is doing (eating or not eating, exercising to death or not exercising at all). I would like to enjoy life and not complain about anyting. (that will be the hard one.) No more complaining because I have no right as I am so blessed and who really cares if no one does the dishes but me? :) Here is to 2011!!! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hummm... first, I must say, I LOVE the pic of the dog!! Next, I must say..I haven't made any resolutions. I should! I need to drop 100 pounds. I just don't want to verbally say it and then if I fail I feel like a big loser! My heels could sand a car! Neutrogena Foot Cream is the very best! Put on nightly and wear socks and your feet will be like a new baby. I have it on my nightstand, but when it comes time to get into bed I just don't want to deal with using it! Oh well.....! Saucy is at the hospital now and should have little meat ball tomorrow! How EXCITING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete