Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Suck it UP

Loki: So I made myself a martini after the babe went to bed this weekend. It was nice and cool outside so me and the husband sat outside on the porch talking. I like doing this about 100 times more than sitting on the couch watching some mindless tv show. I think the martini was getting to my head because I agreed to get a job. A real one. I am tired of hearing him complain about how stressed he is and all the arguments it causes between us. I just realized that I have to participate in the money making too. Realistically, my unemployment money won't last forever either. I have also realized that my idea of a mother is obviously in direct correlation to what kind of mother I have. My mother stayed home with me and so to me that is what I have mimicked. However, just because I am not at home 24/7 does not mean I would be any less of a mother. There are plenty of mothers who also work and it does not mean that they love their children any less. Plus, this is a different world than it was when my mother was my age. Most families are 2 income families. I am the one who brought most of the debt to this relationship (ie college!!!)  And it seems a little silly to pay student loans off all this time and not be working using the degree. So I am still getting used to the idea. If I can find something closer to the "babysitter" than it would mean more time with my angel and less driving time. I have a promise that we can save and then move closer. (Location is still being argued). I think if I give in and give him this that he should at least let me live closer to my mother!! I am still thinking it through and I know that getting a job now doesn't mean we will always be in this same position. My car will be paid off shortly and then if I can get rid of my student loans than I should be able to quit. Umm... I probably shouldn't open with any of that in an interview. "Yes I am just biding my time until I can quit." If I had a passion for a job than I think things would be different. I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to invest your whole life in your kids... right? What I mean is, it is healthy to have a life outside of your kids. I had great hopes briefly of being like that show 'DC Cupcakes' where the sisters own a bakery. But then I realized that 1. I have no baking skills. 2. Stella is not motivated. 3. We would end up killing each other. 4. We have no money (although I have people who would invest.) Anyway, it isn't going to happen so I shall let that dream pass.

Stella: Am I supposed to comment on this? It was so long. I had a real hard time getting through the first half. It was like I was in your brain and you were trying to get it organized with all these hundreds of thoughts you have in there and it sorta stressed me out hearing them all. Me, on the other hand, I do not have these concerns. I don't care to ever be a part of a two income family. Because regardless of my current situtation, I do not plan on ever having to provide half the income. That's just stupid. I'm not the man. I'm not going to toil the earth. I will feed the man, dress the man, clean up after the man, raise the man's children, but I WILL NOT BE THE MAN. So there. Putting that down right now as #3 on the list of requirements for the future Mr. Stella. Hah. Also, I really didn't like the guilt trip about the bakery at the end. Gee. Like I could save you from a horrific 9-5 desk job by agreeing to go into a business venture with you.

Loki: Oh but you could! Sorry it was long and tedious... my reasons for getting a job. You told me to write a solo piece...and that was my attempt at a solo piece. The problem was you are my comic relief.. and without that you just get me yammering. Im like Philip on Survivor yammering about my past life. My former federal agent life.( The post is no longer as long as it was originally...I started an entirely different subject so I just combined it with another post). Anyway I just spent 2 hours of my life typing out my personal info, business references and qualifications. I thought that was the purpose of a resume... why must I also complete an application? Just look at my resume. By the way...I could not come up with 4 business references (people who are NOT related). Its really hard when you worked in an office with only 4 other people, 2 of which you can NOT use as a reference. Also my 2 previous jobs.... those resteraunts CLOSED down! So Poodles and PR better give me a good reference... you know if these places think I adequately answered all the questions correctly. I also have no idea how to explain the fact that I was fired from my last job. I have no idea to say why I was fired... seriously...can I say because of pride?  I also put my extracurricular (which makes me think of extraterrestrial) activities as 4 wheelin, fishing, and shooting. And then added that most of my time recently has been playing with my 1 year old.

Big T says I need to speak to more adults.

Does this orange background make you think of oompa loompas too?

1 comment:

  1. I pray for the perfect part time job for you every day, Lokie, that is CLOSE BY ME! :) And how delightful that your desire is to live closer to us! (every mother's dream!) :) Stella just makes me laugh.. ha/ha.. she is NOT the MAN! ha/ha... I have rasied you both and it is funny how each of you looks differently here. Regardless, you are BOTH superior MOMS! :) and I was BLESSED (AND POOR, btw) but I did get to stay home and it was wonderful and I wouldn't have changed it anyother way. I did "help" out at a time in our lives too (financially) and got the part time job.....I do know how you feel pressured to contribute. I will keep praying! :)

    ReplyDelete