Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quick! Take a pic!

Stella: I am exhausted. I have spent the past 2 days getting Bella's pictures updated. This might not seem like a very hard thing to do, but believe me... It was a daunting task. First of all, I haven't developed any pictures since Bella turned 3. Right after her 3rd birthday is when we moved back home. It was not a very happy time to capture so I just stopped worrying and caring about Bella having a nice collection of memories. Anyway,on top of the fact that I need to develop 1 1/2 years worth of photos, the pictures are stored on 2 different computers. One isn't even hooked up anymore. So I had to work on one computer and copy all of the pictures to a dvd to store/file. Then I had to go through millions of photos and figure out which ones I actually want to pay to print. Talk about a mess. That took one day. The next day I had to hook up the old computer and do it all over again. Not to mention, I also had to burn all of the movies I had taken on my camera to a dvd as well. Bella's classic moments... like "Jesus in the Bubble Wrap" and "I'm not a baby no more mommy..." It took FOREVER. Now I have a disk with over 1,000 pictures on it to develop. I thought I did good narrowing down which ones to print. But that's like 2 Christmases... 2 winter snow storm/sledding ... a new baby cousin... Bella dressing up in 1,000 different hilarious outfits... It was eaasier to do as quite some time has passed & I could look at them more critically. However, I still have to take the disk to be printed... (No, I will NOT go to Walgreens or Kinko's!) And then once I poke out a couple hundred dollars for prints, I will have to go through them and put them in order & put them in a photo album. WOW. How much is this really going to cost? I am already vowing to NEVER get this far behind again.

Loki: I don't like having to keep up with the digital prints... putting them on facebook, and then also printing hard copies for the photo album, baby book and any super cute extras for family. I filled an entire book with Blue's first 6 months of life. I took tons of  pictures and printed every picture. I have slowed down drastically. I had to learn myself that I don't need to print every picture I ever take. But here is the thing... do we really need hard copies? Like if our baby pictures were on the computer, facebook or whatever wouldn't we look there instead of trying to find the hard copy? Let's not forget that most of our baby pictures are just in a shoe box in mass amounts of piles. Okay, maybe not baby pictures but when we were still children, just no longer cute. I don't blame my mother it seems like such a daunting task especially when she had 4 children to keep track of. Anyway, I will always print hard copies because I like having hard copies. But it makes me anxious just thinking about all the photo albums I am going to have to store for the rest of my life. I also always feel like I have entirely too many photos on my facebook page. I have yet to delete an album. I know you consolidate your photos after a time and I am wondering if I should do the same. I mean its not like I have to have every picture taken of me since I started facebook to be published for all my friends to see. I also feel like people might get annoyed with me posting so many pictures of my baby, but then I get over it because I am not forcing anyone to look at them. Okay, well I didn't mean to go on a tangent about facebook photos. Most of my photos are all on the computer and occasionally we remember to burn them to a cd...so in case the computer crashes we will have them. I have also gotten in a bad habit of never deleting them off of my camera card. So I have like 500 photos on that thing.

Stella:I also tried to include photos of me even though I thought I looked like a big fat chubby faced momma in all of them. Like I said, the past year and a half has been rough on me. But I read an article about how moms always seem to disappear from their kid's photos and therefore, memories because they are either always the one behind the camera OR they crop themselves out. So I included a ton of pictures of me & Bella together... EVEN the ones I thought I looked like Miss Piggy. Maybe in 10 years from now I'll just look back at them and think how young I look. Hopefully I do not look back on them and think I'm thin! Ah. Although before I got pregnant, I thought I had weight to lose and now 4 years later I look at them and only WISH I could be that small again. Ugh.

Loki: Oh well, that's how I knew I had gained a lot of weight... by just looking at photos. It is always a good way to see what I really look like. For some reason starring in the mirror doesn't always do it for me. I do not print fat pictures of myself, but yes, I intend to stay in them as Blue grows up. My sister-in-law has a photo of me hanging in her house and I look like a whale. It was probably when I was at my heaviest, (minus pregnancy,) and she has the dumb thing framed. I have asked her to take it down, but she has not. Bleh. And I do not think you look or looked like Miss Piggy. Sheesh. However, I do suspect we will look back and think how young we look. What is sad for me is I have looked at pictures of me and Big T and have thought how young we looked. Sigh.

Stella: I don't know what will happens if I have another child. I will have to make sure I  have a rich man to pay for the photos it will require to keep up with Bella's portfolio. I already feel like I should print every picture I've ever taken of Blue & Bella together. Just imagine if she had an actual sibling. Which she told me really casually the other day, "Mom, if you just want to get married and have another baby that's okay with me." Alright, Bella. Thanks for the go-ahead. She also tries to think of people for me to marry. She'll say, "You can't marry Batman because he's your brother... You can't marry Pop because he's your dad... I don't know who you can marry. Let me think." And it cracks me up her little brain is trying to come up with a suitable mate for her mother. At least she has finally gotten it through her head that you don't marry people that are already in your family. Even I can't think of one real, single person that I know myself. On that note, I think we should think of a new rich man for me to pretend to marry though. I don't think Sammy is going to pan out, especially since I have a cousin who is actually in love with him. Kansas Cousin #1 for lack of a better name. Or we could just call her Sam Bradford Lover since that seems to be the only fact I know about her.


Loki: Hahah. Well, she is also a surgical tech for a plastic surgeon. I think that fact is more interesting than the fact that she loves Sam Bradford. I hate to admit this, but I think she has a better shot with him. Only because she sort of already knows him or has some connection to him. Does she read this blog? Hmmm... I never know. People are so secret about reading blogs. I would like to give a shout out to whoever is reading us in the United Kingdom. We don't know who you are but we seeeee you. Say hi! Anyway, back to the subject at hand... let me think. Sammy was a good pick though because he isn't really a celebrity and he is rather famous in this state only... Hey, do you know I live like 1 mile away from Sam Bradford Drive? I am pretty sure his family lives by me, AND I saw him and his dad playing raquetball in the court next to us one time. He even threw back a ball that I hit over the wall. See, so your degree of separation is far shorter than say...Taylor Lautner. I do think your family would be far more excited about Sammy than Tay. Although some would like Tay better because maybe for Christmas he could invite his friend Rob too. You know because Rob doesn't have any family in the U.S. and we would want to make him feel welcome. Okay, now I am off on my own tangent...I am a married woman. Sheesh. Okay, well I tried. I am glad to hear that Bella is wanting a sibling. I mean I know it's not in the immediate future but you never know. A year from now you could be married....it could happen. It is somewhat funny to me that Bella wouldn't mind a sibling because when we have made comments about me having another baby she was pretty adamant that it SHOULD NOT happen. I think she can only handle so much sharing of her Nana and Momma at one time. 

Stella: What? I'm appalled. You don't think Sam wants to be my baby daddy? You think he wants some hot, young, single woman without a 4 year old? hah. You're probably right. And to be honest, we'd have nothing in common, and maybe he'll need plastic surgery one day if he gets injured or something and Kansas Cousin could meet him. haha. I bet he wouldn't even know the title of this blog is from a silly saying on Go Diego Go! Only boring mothers with nothing else humorous in their lives quote things like little kid shows. BUT that is hilarious about Taylor & Rob. You will please Gma Mod at just mentioning their names.. It has been so long and she has done so well cutting back on her second Twi-life. haha. Did you enjoy the Twilight "Does he not own a shirt?" song spoof on the Oscars? I thought it was quite hilarious! By the way, I just made my trip to Walmart to print my pictures. Let's just say I thought I had narrowed down which ones to print, but my grand total was 1,133 pictures= $135.  FAIL.

In case you missed it...click the link for the auto-tune from the Oscars

http://video.aol.com/video/auto-tune-on-83rd-annual-academy-awards-022711-tv-replay/130208340


Will you just be my sugar daddy? Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Uugghh! Photos! I have a zillion! I love them! I'm like you, Loki, I won't delete memory cards. I have about 10 of them!! I just fill one up & buy another!! I have one word for you girls...Shutterfly. I made a cool book recently. It is 10 X 11 (I think). It is beautifyl. It was 35.00 on Shutterfly (wait for sales) Also there you can store your pics on your own private site and it says they will NEVER delete them. It's free. You can access them from any computer anytime. So, it's very safe to have them there. Also, I know my age. I know the years are marching by (across my face!!!) but for some reason, I think I still look as young as ever! HA!!! Well, sort of anyway. There are days I look in mirror and think, "Who is that hag looking at me?" lol... I'm just thankful to be alive and I know as years pass...so does my beauty... (add soft music here!) HA ha...that made me laugh out loud. Which is good! Laughter keeps you young!
    Oh! How precious of Bella to give you the go ahead on marriage. She is so sweet. :o) You have a reader from the UK? How wonderful! Please, UK think of a cool name for yourself (or don't we will never know) and please comment on here! How cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes.. the digital photos. I think most Moms have this same problem. I am slowly getting caught up myself. For years I used my MIL's first digital camera (like 1 megapixel). I had to transfer them all to my laptop and upload to Snapfish and then you can only print them in a small size becuase you can imagine the print quality. Then I have been trying to put them into already formed albums in the right order. I think I need to spend time every day burning my photos as they are not safe if my laptop crashes. However, as for making copies.. I often find my kids sitting in front of the computer watching a screen saver slideshow. So now I'm considering making it my goal to put them on a cd and saving the printing for special things or putting an album together online one day of just the best. BTW, I heard last weekend that Kansas cousin is dating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of shutterfly, I am actually in the middle of a project. I can't say what is is, as it is a surprise. The only problem is I have to down load and choose all the pics I want from home. At work I am working on it when I get a chance. With little Meatball only being 8 weeks old it is amazing how many pictures we already have of him. So many pictures to go through and choose. Oh so much to do and such little time. It will be worth it. I shall let all of you see my wonderful project when I am done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't be able to print any pics of Meatball until I am in the working world. who KNOWS when that will be, until then I will save every single one I take and hope I can stay under $500 when it comes time to print

    ReplyDelete