Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kinko Schminko

Loki: I loathe FedEx. I hate that store. Everytime I go in there it ends up being a big ordeal. Why we have even had a post about it before. Big T needs some new business cards because the ones his partner made last year were LAME. So we, rather I, have been designing some snazzy new cards to help my man sell, sell, sell. Well he never approved of my designs and apparently they were too girly or something. Long story short, he never ordered the cards so now he needs them in 3 days.We mozy on up to FedEx because I guess Big T had it in his head that they would be able to print him some business cards up quickly. Well they can, they are called QuickCards and they are the really boring business cards, but they get here in 24 hours. I met him at the store on his lunch break. I brought him some food and his baby. Really that was the only reason I was there...so he could see his offspring. Anyway now that I have already drawn this out to a paragraph ...I should get on with it already. We make up this cards...try to print the confirmation and that is where all went wrong. I don't know what it is with these FedEx people but it is like dealing with the post office people. No one knows how to do anything and they just shout back and forth to each other in hopes that the other person working will know what the crap is going on. They have like 4 customers in there and they are acting like they are swamped like a Saturday night at 7:00 at a hip restaurant. It's ridiculous. Anyway after about an hour they finally figure out how to print up a confirmation so I can pay the stupid thing. We tried printing up some more cards with Big T's business partners name and so forth...we had to remember all the changes we did to the orginal template since it won't allow you to just copy. After we do this the stupid computer errorrrrrrsss...and informs us to not proceed again. After speaking with 5 of the smelly FedEx workers (for some reason they all had bad B.O.) they tell us to we can go home an print the business partner's cards and they will be in the same time as Big T's. Well by this time Blue is screaming and hollering because she wants to run around like a wild child and we won't let her. I have already had to take her out of the store once because she threw herself down on the floor in a fit of rage. Her tears were suddenly dried up when she looked out onto the Expressway and saw cars zooming by "WOW", she exclaimed. Anyway back to the screaming ..Big T has to leave because his lunch hour is long gone and he leaves me with this child who is trying to squirm out of my arms so she can go play with the cool display of candy and pens and a bunch of things that are right in front of her face.  Finally all is paid and they never did figure out how to print up a dumb confirmation. I get home and get online to order these other cards and what do you know? You can't order QuickCards online. Sheesh.

Blue woke up from her morning nap and we left the house...we got home and it was already time for her second nap. I was fully prepared to go to the splash park with her but instead we spent our afternoon in a FedEx.

Stella: If you spent your whole day in a FedEx, why did you name this post "Kinko Schminko"? I'm so confused on why you had to be present at this event. I would have refused to bring the baby up to a public place so her daddy could see her while he was working. Just say no. She's just going to run wild and get upset when you try to contain her. But what do I know? Ya know I had a business card once. Yes, I had just received two brand new boxes of business cards when my sister decided that she needed to leave work early to go the gym when she was told not to. And that is why I never saw my business cards again. Have you seen the Mommy business cards? You should make some up and hand them out to new friends so you can have play dates. Give them out to other moms you meet out at the park or that look worn out trying to shop with 4 kids in their cart at the grocery store. hahah. Ya know, leave the house... Get out a bit... That way you aren't desperate to go somewhere and take your child to spend hours inside places like the FedEx.

Loki: Thanks for the advice dear one. I have not seen Mommy business cards and nor do I want to hang out with strange women just because they may have a child my daughter's age. Maybe I should join a mommy and me dance class. Oh, doesn't that sound fun? I think I would rather vomit. I love how you are blaming me for your loss of a job. You did not have to quit. You hated that place and wanted out anyway, and just used me as an excuse. I wish I didn't have to regret leaving that place....and I don't but when you can't find employment anywhere else you start to wonder if you are even hirable or wonder how you ever got a job in the first place. I just didn't think you had to bust your butt and spend countless hours getting a college education only to get a job at McDonald's. Sheesh... I could've saved my money. Gee. I am off topic now. You know, I sit in this house most days and Blue and I run a muck...sometimes a trip to the FedEx/Kinkos sounds fun.

Stella: Exactly. We gotta get you out more. Take some advice from your younger sister. It's nice being able to get out every now & then... Away from your mother.. and father.. and little brother... I do think having a job is very nice even if it's not the best job in the world or I'm making tons of money. You see, I have learned to be very content in my current position in life. Sure, you might only read about my complaints of life because they are more interesting to talk about than to share all my lovely thoughts on peace and joy and happiness. (If you want to read a blog like that, then you should check out our cousin-in-law's blog on babies and rainbows and sunshine and goo.) Anyhow....I don't even know where I was going with that.
Loki: We have started watching Sesame Street. It is quite annoying... but my Blue loves it. After being told that Batman counted to 50 at age 3 I decided she should start watching it. I'm not sure how much more I can take. Yes I need to get out more.

Rainbows and Sunshine to you! Tell us anything.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I sympathize with you Lokie. My early days with one baby was spent playing cards from just before lunch (which was fixed for me - homemade fried potatoes in bacon gresse which I had never eaten and thought devine!) then home by 3 to make bed before hubby arrived home. I can't remember what I fixed for dinner, probably Kraft boxed spaghetti..maybe green beans as I wasn't into salads bake then. After two babies I joined a bowling team and my friend would come get me...yes, I had no transportation. I baked alot of toll house cookies but I don't remember going crazy. Guess my neighbors kept me entertained. My babies were very good and never screamed. Well, my 2nd baby would cry when we showed up at the bowling parking lot but never my first one. Of course then I had 3 more and I was glued to the house only escaping to attend Bible studies (with free nursries) and church (same nurseries). That kept me sane. Maybe you could try a bowling team? Just kidding. I hear you might have found a job so all your boredom will be gone. May God bless whatever comes next Loki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My 4th child loved Sesame Street and learned so many songs and words and numbers. I highly recommend it. Look how well it went for Batman! It's very educational too. Though I think it teaches them to get used to very fast changes and they want to learn by colors and shapes and songs. LOL

    ReplyDelete