Friday, September 9, 2011

Love/Hate

Loki: I love eating and hate working out. The workouts have begun again. I was doing rather well this summer with dieting (healthy eating) and working out until I had an interruption in my schedule for 3 weeks...IE: The Firework Stand. Since then I have been having a hard time getting myself back on schedule. I did enjoy not working out and eating whatever I so pleased. Its nice and if only I could live that way...I can't though as I do not wish to become a whale (or remain one) . My dieting is back in control....now for the working out. Stella has so graciously lent me some of her beloved BOB videos. Now she only is lending them to me for 2 days. I guess I am supposed to memorize them in that short time, or perhaps she will just keep swapping me out everytime I see her. That or I guess I will have to go buy my own. I have decided that I do better with those videos when I work out by myself. It is not as fun but I do better. I guess for some reason I wuss out when I look over and see Stella doing her chair pose and she is practically sitting on the floor. There is just no way I can get that low.  I am already sore. I did the video 4 hours ago and sore already. Gee what is tomorrow going to bring. Although I enjoy porking out on food and being lazy, I definitely feel better when I am doing the opposite.

Stella: It's been a week now! You are overdue! In fact, I am going to charge you a late fee! Ha! I LOVED you commenting on my immaculate form. I can't help it that I've got these great short, muscular legs while you & Mom are constantly complaining (ie, making excuses) about your super long & lanky legs. It really shouldn't matter. Irregardless, you better start building up your miles pretty soon. We're going to need to be up to par when we start training for our marathon this spring. (I mean sure, you say you might have a job by then or you might move or maybe you will be pregnant again... but I'm thinking NOT so you shouldn't try to think about what may never happen.)

Loki: I think you are insane. INSANE. You just decided that I was going to run a full marathon only because Cookie doesn't think she will be able. The thing is I have never even run a HALF. I don't even know if I have a HALF in me. I think I could do it. I just haven't been getting up and running yet. I was building up some muscle and getting into shape before I hit the pavement. (Really I just haven't been able to get up at the butt crack of dawn so that it is cool enough not to melt.) And Excuse ME! I was late to church last Sunday because I turned around so I wouldn't forget your precious DVDs. I was not late. Speaking of...bring me another tomorrow and I will trade you out.

Stella: What?! Why did you turn around to go get them and then not even give them to me? Here is what needs to happen. Choc Chip needs to go to the dr! Then she needs to give up one month of her life and not run so her old bod can heal. Then you won't have to do any running at all. But since I know the aunt won't go do this, I'm telling you now to start getting yourself in shape! You see, this is the one thing I can't talk Bess into doing. I can pretty much make her do anything else in life. But not running long distances. Why, I've been able to get her to run short distances. But the one time I made her run around the section (4 miles up and down hill) I felt like I had dragged her around behind a car the whole time she was so beat up and sore and out of breath (and red...) You just shouldn't do things like that to your dear mother. But your sister. Now that's something else entirely. YOU CAN DO IT!

Loki: I will. I will. I tried to get you to do a boot camp with me. I need a boot camp buddy. Obviously I missed out on this month but maybe I can talk someone into doing it with me next month. Perhaps my friend Ebony will. She is always game to do some kind of fitness...she just isn't very reliable as she gives up on any diet or exercise after a week. You should just feel grateful that you have a workout buddy that you can drag around with you everywhere. One time I tried to work out with Big T.. (before we had little Blue). I worked in with him on his weight lifting...he also tried to tell me what my work out should be. The man is insane. It was not good for our relationship. I just felt like a weakling. After that first experience we would go to the gym together and then I would go to the cardio room and "girly" weight machines and he would go the opposite way to the manly weights...or free weights. We would meet up to play a game of Raquetball. I loved raquetball.  I think T liked it so much because he was able to try and beam me with a ball...and I occasionally smacked it right back at myself anyway so it was quite entertaining. Good workout. You would enjoy it. The gym closed down so we no longer have a place to play. It's so much better than just running on a stationary machine.

Stella: Isn't this where you saw Sammy Bradford playing raquetball? It's too bad that Kansas Cousin gave up on him and is already engaged to someone else. I told Bess that if I ever did marry Sammy myself, I'd give her a million bucks just for getting out of the way. Hahah. And speaking of male suitors, it appears I have signed myself up for a blind date this Saturday. Stay tuned... because if it's awful you'll definitely be
hearing about it. :)

Give Stella some advice people.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I am trying to get back into the exercising thing after taking the whole summer off! And now I have to battle smelling wonderfully freshed baked goods when I go to my local grocery store. urgh. Wow... a whole marathon seems, well insane. But I know Stella can do it and maybe Loki won't have to do it if Choc Chip heals (I know nothing about this). As for advice, don't over analyze. Just be yourself (the kind that you are with customers at work.. ha ha.. just kidding). Someone remind me what Seinfeld and Elaine say about first dates? It's been too long. And hopefully you'll have good things to write about come Monday's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo pumped about this date. Go Stella!!! I think it will be nice. Look at it as someone to hang out with. You know go to movies with, cold stone, the zoo, the park. Working out. I cant wait to hear aaaall about it. Oh....just the mention of the word marathon gets me so pumped. I think I will try and get healthy. I would love to train if my body will allow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wear the beautiful coral tank top! with your skinny jeans and your heels, thats my vote. SO cute! and keep your phone handy hahahhaha you might get a text.

    SO, anyways about this working out stuff, HAVE FUN! ba ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,Stella. Just go with the idea of getting out of the house with free babysitting to boot. Don't try to make anything of it..try to be yourself..which should be interesting if he's not a chatterer. Of course 'everyone says" just ask questions. I'm not good at that at all, but I would guess that you can deflect attention away from you and ask. I like the idea of heels too. Unless he's short. You are gorgeous in your skinny jeans too. As for exercising and marathoning running..not for me. I make myself walk on the treadmill with the reward of watching some random show, Nate or Oz or Rent/Sell this house/apartment. Anything but the news. Which Mr Mechanic watches every night while jogging on the treadmill. I've never tried to keep with him, Or Cookie so don't even try Loki. Just ooh and awww at Big T that's all he wants. Try not to eat more than calories than you use up each day for a start. And that means no yummy bake stuff at the gro store Small Town. Not everyone can bake cinnamon rolls and only eat one! Now Lays chips, that is another thing - but we won't go there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do wish I enjoyed exercise, but I D.O.N.'T. I can't stand it!!! I don't mind taking a walk or swimming, but planned daily exercise? No way. ...and it shows! :o( My hat off to all of you!

    ReplyDelete