Friday, September 30, 2011

Digital Upgrade

 Loki: Stella and Bess got new phones! Hooray! They have been stuck in the dark ages and always looked at people like they were loony toons for playing on their phone so much. I do believe that they have caught the bug. I have been playing Words with Friends with them pretty consisitently. Mom won't play but she gives her phone to my dad to play. (only at night when she isn't using the phone). I will be almost asleep and hear my ringer go off letting me know that someone played a word. I also am now going to watch which pictures I forward to you, Stella. I was trying on some scrubs the other day (you know for my new job) and I sent Stella a picture. It wasn't pretty. I also had sent her an "ugly" face picture. She showed both of these off to her new friend. Not funny.

Stella: Hahaha. Yes, I LOVE my new phone. It is MY.NEW.BEST.FRIEND. Yes, you have all been replaced. Just kidding. I am still not good at texting on my phone and sometimes I hit buttons and have no idea what happens. I don't think my fingers are incredibly fat.. sure, they are chubby... but I know there have to be more people out there with fatter fingers than me. And so how can THEY text when I can't?! I also very much enjoy the fact that we can send/recieve picture mail now. This has been the greatest thing thus far. We were in the dark ages for so long... We would always have to tell people that we couldn't get mail & that even though they sent us a picture we couldn't see it and it charged our bill ten cents. (Well, Bess was the one worried about the ten cents.) I also LOVE that the only pictures on my phone of my dear sister were hilarious... But I must admit, I am the worst player that ever existed at Words With Friends. For one thing, I hate Scrabble... so I don't know why I torture myself trying to play. And two, I think that everyone who plays just flings the letters around and hit 'submit' until it accepts the word. And here I am, using all the brain power that I have trying to think of real words that I know and can define. Ugh. I need lessons.

Loki: I like playing you on Words with Friends because I don't have to really use my brain. Most times I have to try and decifer the most points I can get and with you I just play the first word I see. Hmmm... I don't really know where to go from here. T was watching some show about other cultures and it showed this woman breastfeeding a monkey. If that is not weird in itself, this tribe actually ate monkeys too. So odd. They breastfed them to keep them alive and because they think that monkeys are more human than animal...yet, they eat them.

Stella: That is revolting. Let's toss this over to Bess to wrap up.

Bess: Oh yes, let me chime in on the new phones!  (not the breastfeeding monkey!  ewww)  I, too, LOVE MY NEW PHONE!!!  I know I am not super cool, but I sure feel like it now, when I whip out that nice TOUCH screen and can browse the web and check facebook now while waiting somewhere (like when I take Bella to dance class.. it is so AWESOME to be like everyone else in the room instead of the ONLY one without a new touch phone!)  AND I LOVE sending pictures and getting pictures. Please, send me all the pictures you want!  :)  And please forgive me if I acidentally call you or send half a message that doesn't make sense or it literally takes 5 min to respond to a text.. as I am new to the phone and it will take TIME.  I was very impressed how Batman (who has fatter fingers than you, Stella) can text on his touch phone without even looking at the screen!  Now that is talent I would like to achieve.....

Oh, and one more word about words with friends.  What a nice, kind, loving and sharing wife I am to give up my wonderful marvelous fabulous phone to my husband each and every night so that he can play everyone in our family this addicting game!!!  I am pretty sure he beats them all (most of the time).. mah ha ha .. (he is so talented at winning games, don't you know).  Here is another amazing thing.  I go to be bed often without my beloved (the phone, not the beloved man) and let my husband keep it so he can continue to play deep into the night (as he is a night owl and me, not so much).  His only instructions are to lovingly plug it in by my bedside when he does come to bed.  And he has remembered that faithfully.  If he dosesn't.. he surely will lose his light night words with frirends benefits!  ha/ha....

What's your favorite Journey song?

2 comments:

  1. My favorite Journey song is no doupt "Open Arms"
    This might gross out several readers mostly saucy and curls but I can't help myself to share....It is one of the best make out songs of all times. Ba ha ha. Welcome to the land of Technology girls!!! I am sure I will be sending plenty of pics and I have already got some interesting ones from Stella. Do keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not listen to journey.
    as for my mothers REPULSIVE comment, see "pet peeves" blog.
    And Mother,I must disagree, John Mayer has the best make out song thank you

    Nana Bess, be expecting pics from me hehe i did not realize this was an open invitation

    ReplyDelete