Sunday, February 27, 2011

Reality TV

Stella: After admitting I am in love with chocolate, I feel compelled to make another confession. I am also a reality tv junkie. I love everything about reality tv. I love the fact that half of it is not real and yet I still tell myself it is not scripted. I enjoy it SO much. I do not understand people who say "I hate reality tv." Probably the same way I do not understand someone who says "I love dogs" or "I hate chocolate." There are so many good shows to chose from. I love shows about fat people losing weight, people voting each other off islands, kids up in Jersey, teen moms and all the baby daddy drama, women trying on wedding dresses, wanna-be designers creating crazy outtfits, women getting head to toe fashion make-overs and being told they dress horrific, and last but not least people trying to sing and/or dance. Oh, I forgot- bratty little kids with crazy mothers dressing them up like mini-adults. Just to name a few. Reality tv is my friend. And my "real life" friend LOVES reality tv just as much as me. In fact, probably 75% of our text conversations are pertaining to shows that we watch. Sad? No. It is just as if we are talking about our friends. Because you see, when it comes to friends, I have a lot of them on my shows. Not to mention all of the men I love to watch.. Bob Harper... Boston Rob...
Loki: Yes, I love reality TV too. Some of these reality stars are able to actually make a career out of being ridiculous. They become pseudo celebrities.You know they are not really famous for any kind of actual talent but because other crazy people or normal people (if thats what we are calling ourselves these days) like to watch. We are all voyeurs. I don't think "real" celebrities even acknowledge them as being alive. It is actually funny to watch celebrities getting interviewed and someone else not as famous as them approach or brought up. Celebrities in general are dumb though, I much prefer those who are only known to "fans" of a certain show and not those known to the general public. Well, except for RPatz or Johnny Depp. Can you say yum? Anyway, I am off topic. I like discussing the shows I watch especially because there is only like 2 that Big T will watch with me. However, you and Bess usually record these shows and then one or the other hasn't watched it yet so I am not allowed to discuss when around. So once again I am stuck in my own head. My BFF hardly watches TV or get into the movies that I like so if I try to bring it up she just blanks out.

Stella: Well, the season premiere of Survivor Season #904 was really good! I love how Boston Rob called them all "amateurs" after the crazy old lady found the individual immunity idol & tried to use it in a scheme to back-door Rob. But her plan failed miserably when the man she aligned with, the "former federal agent?" ratted her out at tribal council for NO APPARENT REASON other than the fact that he's insane and probably making up the fact that he used to work for the government. So even after 903 seasons of this reality show, I tell myself that I don't need to watch another. But then I watch just one episode and I'm hooked in. Also, did you watch Teen Mom 2 last night? I think that Janelle's bf is about to bail and move back to Jersey and leave her with nowhere to go but back to her mom's. I also think that Chelsie is stupid, stupid, stupid and I hope her friend Megan tells her "I TOLD YOU SO" by the end of the season. Which we know she will eventually because her dumb baby daddy is bound to start getting bored soon. I feel sorry for Kailyn because she has no where to go and Jo is a moron. But she is kind of moronic too. And you've seen her mom so of course it makes sense. But Leah & Corey I just LOVE. I thought his proposal wasn't bad at all even though the family was kind of making fun of it! At least he thought of something creative to do and didn't just do it while she was sitting on a couch. (LOSER!) And she's got the best thing going with him, but since her baby being sick she's still always crying. It's so sad. Sorry for those of you who do not love and/or appreciate Teen Mom. You see, I find that I can pretty much relate to ALL of them on some level. Even though I was NOT a "teen" mom. But as a single mom- most of it is the same. In fact, just the other day I told Saucy that we could have our own version of Teen Mom. I mean, between the 2 of us there is enough drama to go around. We'll just call it "Dumb & Delusional." Now you can try to figure out who is who. Haha.


Loki: Oh yes, you and Saucy could make entertaining television for the masses. I do not relate to any of them...but that does not mean I think most of them are stupid. I see your ex in Chelsea's baby daddy and yes I think he won't last long. I am more upset with Chelsea's dad. He really gives her everything and she can't even finish high school. She gets free rent in a nice house, free food, and the luxury to not work and just play with her baby and go and get her hair and nails done...well and tan. I thought her friend was weird because she wanted to live with a baby. BUT she got a free ride too. That Janelle is just so immature and I don't get mothers like her. How could she move an hour away from her baby, give her baby up and still think she is being a good mom? So what if you go to college....where is your baby? I feel sorry for Kailyn too and I love Leah and Corey. I cry like a little baby at anything that shows hurt babies. I notice that about myself now too...with any show or movie, if something is sad about kids I water up in like 5 seconds. So my DVR is set to record 'True Life" and apparently there is a new series of this family that live in Louisiana. I am watching it right now and it is ridiculous. Its about these 4 sisters and their family. Their mom lets them all party....the oldest is only 18, like she drinks with them. They have all these different boys over all the time and the mom is  in the middle of all the drama. It is a little disturbing. Anyway, I was watching Survivor last night and Big T says how he can't believe I am still watching this show after all this time (He also says this about Gilmore Girls re-runs that I watch.) He thinks it is stupid, but I LOVE it. It isn't doctored like most reality TV. 


Stella: Yes, it's people like me who just keep on watching these shows. But there are LOTS of shows that I don't watch and refuse to watch. Although, I turned on the Bachelor last night (even though I haven't been watching this season.) Anyway, they were doing the hometown dates and one of the girls took him to a funeral home where she worked. It was the family business and she just wanted him to be comfortable with death. She even made him lay on the embalming table and put on a mask and then asked him if he wanted to see the tools she used when embalming. haha. He was so creeped out, which humored me. Needless to say, she did not get a rose. Guess I will stop talking about tv now. Like I have anything else going on in my life.


Loki: What about Flavor of Love? FLAVA FLAAAAAV! You didn't like that show? Or how about the one with Bret Michaels? These were 'Bachelor' type shows on VH1, but they had like 5 seasons each. (Meaning they picked a girl in the end on every one of them and then they end up dumping them at the "reunion" show....or way before.) They all spent each season sucking face with several or most of the contestants. Both of these men ended up with their babies mommas. You didn't mention any of the 'Real Housewives!' either--these are usually highly retarded. I can admit to getting sucked into watching their drama a few times. "The Millionaire Matchmaker" is another...for which I do not understand if you are a millionaire why you would have trouble finding time to date. It isn't like most of them actually work 40 hours a week. There are all the game shows to talk about that are technically reality--- I like' Minute to Win I't and 'Wipeout'. I like to watch 'Minute to Win It' on mute though because I don't care about the back stories or the ridiculous way they try to encourage each other in between each game. As we have already mentioned I like watching the self-destructive shows for some reason...'Intervention', 'Heavy', 'Addicted', 'My Strange Addiction'...all reality. My latest guilty pleasure is the 'Police Woman of whatever County'... sometimes it makes me consider trying to be a police woman. Then I think...I hate cops why do I want to be one? Anyway, I just felt the need to mention the other several 100 reality shows. They have taken over the airwaves.


What Reality TV Shows do you like to watch?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Stella, finally something we totally don't think the same about. I HATE REALITY SHOWS!!!!I can't stand Teen Mom. Saucy was watching an episode one night and I thought I just might die. Ugh!!! The only show I absolutely love is American Idol. It is so awesome this year. I love Steven Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! What a surprise! We do not agree on this! Because I HATE Steven Tyler. The only good thing about him being on the show this year is they play "Sweet Emotion" a lot and I love that song. Hah. And nothing will make me not love my Teen Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Survivor back when I watched it. I think it was actually the yr Rob (or his girlfriend) won that I last saw it. I also used to watch Bachelor, '06 was the last year I watched it until this year. 3-4 weeks ago I saw it and somehow got hooked. I even watched the episodes that I'd missed on the computer! I want Sahntel to win, btw! I saw teen mom once and gezzzz....they are all so messed up and stupid! That one chick was pounding on her baby daddy and he just stood there and took it! Impressed!!! I used to like Fear Factor. I used to like Great Race. I also used to watch A. Idol..now I don't watch much. I usually have music on rather than the TV. Guess I would watch Survivor and Great Race if I knew when they came on... Wed and Sun? Not sure. And...Choc Chip...YOU "love" Steven Tyler???? Wow! Who'd a thunk it???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVEEEEEE Teen Mom. as a matter of fact Stella I wont the first to seasons, (with maci,farrah,amber,and catelynn) if you ever want to borrow. On Teen Mom2 My favorite is chelsea although she is really dumb. I could so see me and her being friends. and i would live with her and her baby if her dad were paying rent and buying all the food too! Im not a huge fan of leah i dont know why. I like Kailyn probably cause i feel so sorry for her. Shes got gross taste in guys , though. some would say the same about me! hehe. and the ONLY reason my mom cant stand the show was because she saw eps 1 or 2 the one when jenelle was beatin up on her momma lol and they were screaming and stuff. Other than that I watch american idol and i have to admit the kardashians. any one of them, kourtney and khloe take miami, kourtney and kim take new york, or just plain keeping up with the kardashians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I **OWN the first 2 seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! I should borrow those!!! I missed a lot of the original Teen Mom because we didn't have cable back then.

    P.S. Amazing Race comes on Sunday nights. Survivor comes on Wednesdays I believe. (Both shows on CBS.)

    American Idol is on TOO much- Tues, Wed & kick off show on Thurs.

    ReplyDelete