Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Sister the Stupid Hater

Loki: My sister refuses to do anything that she deems as stupid. She just says no. Which is probably why her attempt at a part-time cake business did not go so well. One customer wanted a Mickey Mouse themed cake for her 11 year old daughter. She told her she was busy because she thought that was the dumbest cake idea for an 11 year old girl. Our boss' 7 month old baby watches that show. (HOT DOG HOT DOG HOT DIGGITY DOG)Another customer wanted a 3 tiered birthday cake for her husband. Stella's response, "No. I'm not making that cake. No man wants or cares about getting a decorated 3 tiered cake for his birthday. I'm sure most men can't even tell you what their wedding cake looked like. That would be a complete waste of my time." This is probably why she stopped making cakes for other people altogether...
Last week our boss Sparky asked us to write a "SWOT analysis" for our job. You know the human resources ploy to get you to focus on what you could be doing with your work. Sparky sent us his own answers already and wanted us to come up with our own "Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats." But Stella thinks this is stupid because most everything about our job is stupid. Personally, I just think it is just to give us something to do. Stella could easily make up her answers and just turn something in. She is creative, and even I have the brains to come up with some spiffy replies to my strengths and opportunities (most of which are just to work on being nicer to the grumpy old men I have to deal with daily.) But NO. Stella thinks it is STUPID and a waste of time to analyze her job so she never did it. I turned in my answers already (like the good little employee I am- haha) but she refused to do it. Today Sparky asked her where her "homework" was so she starts sending me messages asking me what dumb answers I wrote down in her feeble attempt to participate in the stupidity. After trying to think of answers for 2 seconds, she gave up and stated "They can just fire me. I'm not doing this. It's stupid." Yes, the SWOT analysis is dumb, but hello! You have to do dumb things sometimes. You can't just go through life refusing to do everything that you think is stupid. Or can you??!
Stella: Today I think you & this blog are stupid. So guess what- I'm not going to do it.


Who said we have to go through life doing things we don't want to (besides our mothers) ?? What's your take on it?

1 comment:

  1. Stella: sometimes life is stupid, but you have to live it. :)

    ReplyDelete