Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shower Time

Stella: It seems to me that I am the only person in this office that has a problem with our boss coming to work and showering. Maybe it's because I'm just crazy? (Yes, probably a bit...) But I just can't get over it. Maybe it has to do something with the fact that the shower in the basement is directly under my desk, and boss man Sparky has even told me that while he is in the shower, he can hear everything that is going on above him! My automatic response (in my head of course) was: "Oh really, so you mean to tell me that while you are naked and cleaning yourself you are also listening to everything we are saying? Should I stomp my foot on the floor two times to signal "hello?" or maybe I should just bend down towards the floorboards when I'm talking to better include you in the convo!" Did I mention that I can hear the water running! Next time someone calls in for him I think I should just say, "Sorry, he is downstairs showering. Would you like his voicemail?"

Loki: Dang! I always forget he can hear us when he is down there. What are we blabbering about while he's listening? Last night’s "So You Think You Can Dance" episode or "The Hills" finale? I do believe most of our conversations involve TV shows. Wow, we are lame. Or maybe we are busy bashing our dumb cousin, PlayGirl , and her crazy antics. She's 29, but acts 18 so there's always something to talk about there. Sparky really must be thinking, "What am I paying these girls to do?" He has probably considered separating us and moving one of our desks into a different room. Ugh, could you imagine being in the same room with the Poodle all day?! (The grouchy and "serious" business woman who has this awful, wet permy hair.) But then he probably reconsidered because "Stella brings out the best in me!" He actually put that in Stella's Christmas card one year! He should have just written, "Dear Stella, thanks so much for coming to work here because now your sister, Loki, actually smiles sometimes and has stopped screaming at our agents to shut up and eat their shorts." Well, I guess I deserve that.. my attitude had gotten pretty bad around here. Well, if only Sparky knew what we spend our time doing here. (Actually, he probably knows.) Anyway, back to the subject at hand, I don’t really find the showering that offensive. I mean if he wants to stand in what is surely not a very clean shower than that is fine with me. I try to not even think about him being in the shower.I just pretend he is on a conference call down there.


Stella: Eat my shorts Ked! Nice poodle pic, but it's missing dark eyeliner under its eyes and white eyeliner on top. Oh and 5 layers of caked-on make-up. So here's the thing- I know he comes from the gym so that's why he needs to shower.. And technically this is a house.. But on that note, the shower isn't even a real shower. It's not even in a bathroom! It's the remains of what used to be a shower in the remains of what used to be a bathroom. The room is actually full of boxes and filing cabinets and off to the side there is the few tiles, drain and showerhead... it's right out in the open with no door, no curtain, nothing! It's just STRANGE. Just think if we didn't warn the new girl, ChaCha, and she wandered down there to file something. What a riot that would be! Oh, and I think we talk abut interesting things... I can't help it if we love TV and are related to stupid people. And I can't help it if Sparky thinks I'm wonderful and such a good influence on you. But what else can I say? Showering at work is weird. But he is the boss, and I guess that just gives him automatic showering priveleges. Just like how he takes off every Friday to go to the lake.


Loki: Uh yes, I would like the chance to come in at 10 every morning because I need to go to the gym first and then just get ready at the office. I would then also like to leave for a 2 hour lunch with my buddy at noon. Sigh… I guess those are the perks of owning your own business.


Stella: Yes, when Big T makes it big you ..... yeah, I won't finish that. hahaha


Let's hear it... Are people running around naked at your work too?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE love stories! Even if they are a bit over the top sometimes. I have a superfantastic love story with my "Golden Boy". Choc chip told me to pick an alias for my man that would absolutely nauseate bloggers. Bahaha!! He be 32. I be 22. Together we be 25. Yipee doo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golden Boy?? ahaha. Why not Dopey? That's still a cute name. :)

    ReplyDelete