Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Billy Goat

Loki: Are all babies billy goats? What I mean is that I know babies like to stick things in their mouths... and so I was prepared for that. However, Baby Blue has a knack for finding paper...any paper material and quickly shoving the whole thing in her mouth. I frequently find her with wads of chewed up paper in her chipmunk cheeks. My fingers have become quite familiar with her little mouth...she still gets a good bite out of my fingers most of the time too. Sometimes I wonder if I should just let her have it for crying out loud, whats the harm? I mean I understand that she could choke if she chose to swallow said wad but she never does. Okay calm down, I was just asking. Im not going to really let her walk around with chunks of paper in her mouth but it reminds me how you want to make your child happy...but safe. So she cant always have her way. I am quite certain this lesson shall be repeated throughout her life.

Also I would like to mention that I vacuum my house once a day... and I have no idea where all this paper comes from... I didnt know it was so readily available here. Now we are on to the Christmas tree chewing. No she doesnt actually chew on the tree...but she grabs the little "cherrie bulbs" off of the tree and chews on those. Oh and one more... she chews on cords alot too. I let her because I dont see the harm. I mean as long as they are not plugged in? Big T FREAKS out whenver she is around cords because I guess he heard of an accident with a baby and cords... chewing through one and dying. Yikes. Anyway I guess I just wonder how lax I can be. I dont want to freak out about little silly things...like Aunt Stella letting the baby suck on her candy cane yesterday.

Stella: Yep. Your baby is just weird. A real weirdo. You should take her to the doctor. She might be one of those kids that craves nonfood items like chalk... Except it's paper. Not really. This is normal. Kids eat everything. I'm just glad mine never tried dirt or bugs...or worse poo....I think Bess has a horrendous story from my childhood about me exploring with my dirty diaper. I think I painted the crib with it or something. Ugh. I don't think I could've handled cleaning that up. I think I also liked to dump thing in general. i.e. Shampoo, powder etc. Right now I've just got a mess maker. The girl loves to put on 100 outfits a day... or  "move" and bring all of her clothes with her... or "pack" to go on a trip somewhere, which still involves emptying out half of her wardrobe. I have tried to put an end to this game by not allowing her to bring out more than 2 outfits at a time. But now she has switched the doll clothes (which is less stressful because you do not have to fold them all back up at the end.) Anyhow, I hear I was much like this as a child as well so maybe you should ask mother if you liked to eat paper as a youngster. Apparently I also liked to empty out my dresser onto the floor in a fit of rage when I would get in trouble and get sent to my room. I find that to be hilarious. What a monster. *By the way, Big T should be worried. I pick up at least 3-4 pieces of silverware off the floor every time I am at your house. Most of the time I don't even know why you would have a fork in the corner of the room... Maybe your child is secretly stashing food and eating when you're not looking. That's why she's so dang skinny. She's starving!

Loki: If you say one more thing about my child being hungry because she is skinny I am going to shoot you. She is lean...because her father is lean and I am (was) lean. I was a lean child too, just because Nana Bess wasnt feeding me enough does not mean I am not feeding Blue enough. Not everyone can have cream in their milk. haha I dont know what the deal is with silverware...I didnt realize there was an abundance left out at my house. You sure do like to exaggerate the state of my house on this blog. People are going to think I live in a hoarder house and call DHS on me to have my child taken away from the filth. I know my cleaning is not up to your standards but I am working on it. We cant all be overly obsessed about cleanlinedss. That is a disorder you know, called OCD. Perhaps you have that and should go to a doctor and get medication for it.  Ok rant over. I do find it funny that Bella behaves as a young Stella. This brings great joy to me. Once Baby Blue is old enough to throw a fit and become hysterical over a splinter in her foot, I am sure you will be laughing at me as well. I hate folding and putting clothes away the first time!

Stella: Oh I was just kidding. I love your little babe just the way she is. But for as many times as I had to hear how chubby & healthy my baby was you should have to hear about how skinny & teeny yours is. ("Your milk must have a lot of cream in it!" people would tell me. Lovely.) Have you told Big T that you "respect him" lately? We never published the blog that told that story. And it makes me laugh every time. "Hey honey, I just wanted to tell you that I respect you." "Uh... okay." hahahah

Loki: No, we didnt ever post that. Yes, it's true I was reading some marriage book that Bess gave me at the time and it said that men want respect. I wasn't sure how or if I was showing him this said respect...so I figured I would just tell him. He was quite confused by my text that suddently said "I respect you". When I asked him what I could do to show him respect  he said "do what I say, when I say it." He was joking of course. Respect make me first think of the song R-E-S-P-E-C-T...and then of old people. You know respect your elders.

Stella: You're a genius. The word "respect" makes you think of the song "Respect." This is just brillant.
Who do you R-E-S-P-E-C-T? Do you have that song in your head now??

11 comments:

  1. I haven't commented in a while so am glad to be the first today! I lOVE it that I have 2 very different grand daughters as much as I love it that I have 2 VERY different daughters. Skinny, chubby, messy or clean.. it is all so much fun to see the little ones repeat the things their moms did. It brings me much joy too, only now I can just relax and enjoy and laugh because it is NOT my job to correct and teach them to behave... it is my daughters turn! ha/ha..have fun dears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if my milk will have alot or little cream in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella, my 4 year old changes a lot (recently into his brother's jerseys) and pretends to go on the bus to the game (esp. since I've been watching a kindergarten friend of his the last 2 weeks). Thankfully his brother isn't particular if the jerseys get thrown back into the drawer without folding. Can't wait to see Baby Blue and Bella at Christmas. (And I've heard very good things about the book/material "Love and Respect".. in fact it's on Focus on the Family's broadcast tomorrow.. I might have to listen. Always good to be encouraged in your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should buy Baby Blue some edible sugar paper. It would be a special treat!! Or if you wanted her to stop eating paper all together you could spray it with vinegar water. That's what the experts say to do with dogs. I haven't had kids yet but am looking forward to playing silly tricks on them...like giving them a fresh juicy lemon to suck on. Is that odd? I blame choc chip. It's all HER fault. And Stella that is very funny that Bella is such a little model. You will have much fun clothes shopping together as she grows up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse me!!! I never made my children suck on a lemon or do mean tricks on them. What are you talking about Curls!!!!? I know I had cream in my milk because all my babies were perfect and chubby in everyway! The only problem when I nursed is I made extra cream for myself too. After my little jug muffin I gained 10 pounds after he was born ugh. I thought when you nursed you could eat more calories. I guess I went a little overboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always increased my calories when nursing and after gaining back 20 I would quit to get back into my clothes. My first two babies were tall and lean, then my next two were chubby (I nursed them a bit longer than 6 weeks) and my baby started out lean, got very chubby then lean again. I've never been lean...and my mother had tons of cream her Dr's told her. We 4 were all fat little babies.
    Loki, I too had to vacuum and sweep kitchen floor daily only when I had crawlers..and leaving paper on floor would encourage them to move to it. I too had to search inside their cheeks to find small things, like corn that older kids dropped after meals. I haven't read the respect thing, but I that's something I can always improve on. I don't think my mom showed any respect for my Dad so when I became a Christian it was hard to 'submit' or respect Mr Mechanic. Since I'm my own very true self with him he sees and gets the worse,kinda like Stella and Nana Bess do. You feel safe to vent because of unconditional love. However, guys also need to be admired. Always. Over any little thing. They too hate to be taken for granted, and like to be thanked. Just like we need quality time, and conversation, they need respect and admiration. They'll never be Spiritual leaders either if they don't get it physically in other areas. But it's never to late to change. I love watching Bella repeat her Mom's ways. And love glancing at Baby Blue and seeing not only her Mom but my daughter in her too. Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think Mom ever made us suck on lemons are anything Curls

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't MAKE my babies suck on lemons. My second boy just liked to ... because he was weird that way. Just wanted to throw that out there ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bella loves to suck on limes with her Nana. I think it is disgusting. She also swallows noodles whole (like Ramen noodles) which is one of the most disgusting traits she inherited from her father that I find absolutely revolting. I don't think I could have ever "respected" or "admired" that man while we were married no matter what a book told me I should do. Hmm... But on the flip side, I'm sure I will respect and admire anyone else in the future for that very reason! I just felt the need to talk some more. Thanks for listening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. R E S P E C T.... speaking of, Aretha F is batteling cancer. That is sad.
    I've read that book also, it is very good. Choc Chip, I was certain you would tell the fork story! Oh well.... My babies always put stuff in their mouths too. When my first was twelve months, we went to Calif. to visit his uncle and someone gave him a lemon and he would suck it and make the most awful face and then suck it some more. It was too funny!! Curls...you can also rub puppies noses in their poop to help train them, but I wouldn't try that on a baby....lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Snickers commercial with Aretha... I turn into a diva when I'm hungry too.

    ReplyDelete