Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ramblings

Loki: I must admit that I am a little nervous to start blogging again. I usually just jot down any random thought that I think may be of some use to this blog. I dont expect all my ideas to make it to print. If it is retarded than Stella shoots me down. She isnt really nice about it either but I have come to expect it. I dont let it hurt my feelings....usually. Now I have to be on guard because instead of telling me I am boring and dumb she just posts it. I guess I could delete it but its already out there... people have already seen it. I am exposed. As all of you know, Stella hasnt been in the mood to post. I expect that too. We get a few good ones in and then she is done. She is without a doubt the better writer and funnier but she is quality over quantity. I think that we should post whatever we want as often as we can. Why not? Some people blog daily... about their grocery tab or how they watered the plants today. At least we try to come up with some sort of subject matter.

I will have to say that posting will still be slow for awhile since Stella is now sick. I guess the bug that Blue ohad was passed along. Stella was texting me things during her sickness and didnt even realize she had text me. It wasnt drunk texting, it was throw up texting. It is really rough. Big T and I had it last week too and it was NOT fun. I would rather have a bleeding throat than deal with throwing up all the time. Gak.

Well the holidays are over now...and somehow I have managed to find places for the 100 new toys Blue got!  I guess we still have New Years Eve but that hasnt been exciting to me since I started acting my age. I have no plans and I am sure I will do whatever it is I do every night. I wonder if I will ever stay up past midnight again. I can force myself to stay awake... I just know that the baby wakes up bright and early every morning at 6 and I cant fall asleep on the bed again while she plays on her own. (Shhh dont tell Big T!) haha It was only for like 5 minutes..and she was fine. I kept dreaming that I was getting up and picking her up...then I would realize I was just dreaming so I would try and wake myself up...only to realize I was still dreaming. This happend like 4 times before I finally did wake up and Blue was no longer playing at the bed post... but crawled into the living room by herself. Where she was reaching up to the side tables trying to get my cup of diet coke from the night before.

In other news: LOKI won the Biggest Loser contest. Woot woot. I only lost 9.5lbs but thats not too shabby for a month. (not biggest loser style but oh well) Everyone else sort of gave up so it wasnt much of a fight. I am quite positive Stella could beat me when she wants to...she can be a machine when so driven. I also know that it was in my favor that Stella was not motivated as she turned to baking. This distracted my other competition. I did not have to resist the urge of snacking on Stella's delicious creations. (Trust me.. I tried making cookies the other day and it was an absolute disaster) Somehow I did not get the baking gene. I can cook but I can NOT bake to save my life. I guess Blue will have to go to Nana's after school to get some fresh cookies. Anyway  I am going to continue on with the dieting ...Ive got a pretty good system of just eating healthy...and watching my portions... and exercising. (DUH thats what you gotta do!) It has helped that I have been able to spend most days playing on the Kinect for a few hours a day. Stella got me the dancing game for Christmas and it is super fun. Once she has gotten rid of the nasty bug she needs to come play with me. It is teaching me some "swagga moves"..I tried to get Big T to play with me but he seemed content to just watch me try to dance. He can make fun of me all he wants but I have seen him try to dance and it is super funny. Please note...that none of you should ever see him dance...because he only does so when extremely intoxicated and it is not a sight to see.

Tell me... did anyone spike your egg nog this season?

7 comments:

  1. Oh how i LOVE LOVE LOVE the WII dance game!!! We played the first Just Dance game last christmas with my family. I haven't played Kinnect but want one really bad!! January 5th is my engagement anniversary. Are you supposed to get presents for that??? I think I should!!! GoldenBoy, I'd like a Kinnect please:))) (Yes, he does occasionally read the banter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! No spouses are allowed to read the banter. Loki & I were mortified when The Cougar told us she printed them off and read them to her Cub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curls- you celebrate your engagement day? haha Is your anniversary your wedding day or the day you became a "couple"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen up friends....I will be more than happy to obey all rules of bantering. However, you have to lay them out for me!! Who would know that it was non-spouse friendly? I was never told! I'm irritated at him right now in a huge way, so no fear that he'll get to read/hear about this latest post! Actually, he isn't as interested as I am and I haven't read him one in months! Are there any other unspoken rules? I don't want to be a banter rule breaker! lol ...I enjoyed the post! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can read the banter to whoever you so chose. Stella and I just get a little embarrassed when we think about other people reading it. We pretend that we are the only 2 reading it. We cant continually think of the audience you may have...because then we would sensor and probably not be as retarded, therefore not as entertaining. :) Who knows who is actually out there reading..have we mentioned that we have gotten hits from Australia? Hello to all the Austrians out there.. I would like to come visit you!
    What did your cub do? I guess he is in the dog house err den?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loki, wouldn't Austrians be from... um... Austria?

    hahahah.

    I think you meant Australians. Don't worry, I bet no one else but me noticed. Okay, other people noticed, but I'm the only one who laughed. Okay, I lied. Everyone laughed and pointed. But I'm the only one who decided to correct you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol....... that made me laugh! err....not at you Loki at Stella. Well, I don't mean AT her, but what she said. I mean, I wasn't being rude and laughing at what she said actually, just the way she said it. Oh, I don't mean that either! Oh! Forget it!!!

    PS: I'm not going to say what that mangey mongrel of a cub did! +=*3^!* man!!! (insert any word you want there, I don't care!!!!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete