Wednesday, August 3, 2011

End of the World

(This post was written on 5/20/2011)
Loki: Did you hear the world was supposed to come to an end this past weekend? Obviously, we are still all here... But what would you do if you know the exact day? Yes, I know this might be a little too philosophical for you, Stella, but I think it is fun to think about. Maybe fun is the wrong word... Interesting would be better.

Stella: Did you know that our mother is OBSESSED with eating popcorn? There is not a day that goes by that she doesn't pop a bag of her 'light' popcorn and sit on the couch and eat it. Most days she's also watching "Gilmore Girls"- the most annoying show in the world about a mother and daughter who banter back and forth talking as quickly as possible and in the most monotone voice you can imagine. Except their little quips and witty remarks are so scripted there is no way anyone just says things like that ALL THE TIME. Whew. I had to get that out. Back to the popcorn eating, if- for some reason- Bess does not get to eat her bag of popcorn for the day, you would think the world was ending!!! Ending, I tell you! It is crucial to her survival that she crunch and munch on those empty calories each and every day. Now, how's that for deep?!

Loki: I have too taken this habit home. Blue and I like to sit on the couch and munch on popcorn and watch the Gilmore Girls. It's fun... Popcorn is nice because you feel like you are eating a ton, but you are not. I don't care if they are empty calories. I need some empty calories... One can only eat fruit and vegetables for so long. It is sort of like Jello...it has only 10 calories for 1/2 cup, so just think how much jell-o you could eat! But really, I can only eat a little bit of jello...then it just turns disgusting. Anyway, we were not talking about empty calories or mom's weird habits that you do not like. I was asking what you would do if you only had one more day on Earth. I would spend it with my family, I guess. I am sure most people (those that like their families anyway) would say. I would go to a park or some where that Blue would have fun at. I don't know... I definitely wouldn't be counting calories.

Stella: I still think this post is pretty funny, even though it was written a few months ago back when the world was ending and all. I just find it humorous that Bess eats so much popcorn. So does that Baby Blue. In fact, that baby eats so much food in general that I find myself hiding from her whenever I have anything because I don't want to share with her. What a horrible aunt, Loki must be thinking. But the only person I share with is Bella. Sorry. I don't see you bending over backwards to give your niece your things either. haha. Another funny thing Bess does is say The Computer Man's name over and over to him. It's like she can't talk to him without addressing him by his first name. She'll say, "Now, TCM..." or "Are you listening to me, TCM?" I don't think she's ever said a sentence to him without including his name in it. I'm pretty sure it drives him crazy.


Loki: I haven't noticed that before about Bess but now that you say that... it is so true. And that is weird. You don't share your food with anyone, not even Bella. You hoard that food. I would like to tell you that my MIL told me that when Big T was a wee one that people would tell her he looked like a malnourished ethiopian baby. (You know the really skinny kids with bloated bellies.) He would stand with his back arched like my precious baby Blue does. (Stella just called my baby that the other day.) She has learned to suck in and then stick out her gut. It is quite entertaining to me and the child is not malnourished. She literally eats more than I do. I bought a 10 lb box of animal crackers at Sam's yesterday. I will let you know when I am out.

Stella: That kid has issues. I'd blame them on the father as long as you can if I were you too. But when she's still sucking her thumb at age 14 and running around throwing huge drama queen fits, your time will be up. Yesterday in the pool, little Meatball was over and started gnawing on Blue's floatie that was nearby and within his reach. It looked like a good chew toy, I must admit! After she watched him for awhile, she decided she didn't like it and she swung her arm and yelled "Ow!!" as if he had been biting her. It was the funniest thing ever. Drama Queen. haha. Have I mentioned yet that we don't have a computer chair anymore so we have to sit on a big exercise ball if we want to be on the computer? After the first few weeks Bess was smart enough to lay a towel over it because any time you would sit for longer than 2 minutes your legs would stick to the thing. Okay. That's all. Bounce, bounce, bounce. Harder to type while bouncing....

Loki: Only our mother would never replace a broken office chair and just drape a towell over an exercise ball. I am sure she thinks that it will give TCM some more exercise if she never puts a chair there.

What other things are weird about Bess?
What would you do if you knew the world was ending tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. I seriously enjoyed this post haha, you guys crack me up! I have never noticed nana bess and her using names every other sentence..I will have to start listening, I wonder if she does that with me? "how are you today saucy? oh saucy, did you dinner turn out?"

    I was there to witness the "OW" in the pool and that was amusing as well! I like watching blue. she is funny.

    Oh and Stella, I DO NOT SHARE FOOD EITHER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! I liked the comment about Bess not getting another chair and using the ball...so funny...
    I have noticed that she uses names. When she is serious or giving advise she uses your name, "cougar, you know what you should be doing so do it!"... or something like that. She's usually right too. You girls are too funny.

    ReplyDelete