Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Boo...You Whore

Loki: Halloween is fast approaching. Stella and I have already made fabulous little outfits for our munchkins. I cannot wait to show them off! Also, we are encouraged to dress up the Friday before Halloween at work, but I find it rather silly when I see older people dressed up. Especially when they have on the store bought “sexy” outfits.. Umm... how is a referee sexy?! Whatever… To quote a famous movie that people like Choc Chip & the Cougar have probably never seen.. “Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.” Anyway Sparky always wants us to dress up and be festive, but I usually am the only one to do so. No, I do not dress like a sloot… I usually just wear pajama pants, a t-shirt, and baseball hat and go as a “college student." I will do anything to wear pajama pants to work! It is the best. Anyway, one year I went as a spider and died my hair purple. I don’t know what purple hair has to do with a spider, but I looked scary (I wore black sweatpants with it too! I am all about comfort). So last year when I was prego, I found a super cute skeleton baby t-shirt that I wore to work. I also sprayed my hair purple for the fun of it…

Stella: First, I would like to comment on how fabulous the girls' costumes are. I can't wait for them to wear them. $25 for 2 very unique little outfits. I'm so proud of our craftiness. With that said, I am not sure why our office would want to do anything fun like dress up for Halloween. It goes against their very nature. We are the least friendly/fun place you could possibly go/work at. Besides that, no one comes in our office. But anyhow, the first year when Loki was a "spider" she was seriously frightening. I am surprised that she didn't give an old man a heart attack (if anyone happened to wander in and see such a sight.) On a side note, that same year P.R. did dress up like a sexy referree. It was totally inappropriate. Especially because she already flirts with all of the old men who do come in our office. Oh, and Loki did scare my little Bella and I'm pretty sure Bella even cried. So yes, getting on with the story, the year after the spider costume Loki was pregnant. But this didn't stop her from wanting to participate in getting to dress up for the day. So she wore the shirt pictured here. Pretty adorable, right? But then Loki had to go and dye her hair to be even more festive. I don't even remember what color she did. All I know is that she was big & prego and sat at her desk for at least an hour saying "I'm so dizzy.... I'm so dizzy...." She got on the computer & started looking up all these reasons for why she might be so dizzy. Gee, do you think it could be due to the fact that you've been breathing in fumes for the past 3 hours? She finally came to the conclusion that the dye must be the reason she was feeling so sick. And I'm talking SICK! I had to go to Walgreens to go buy some shampoo for her because she couldn't even move. When I got back with the bottle, she stumbled into the bathroom to wash her hair in the sink. There she was... with her huge belly trying to bend over and stick her head in the short sink below. I'm pretty sure there were tears at this point, but she finally did get her hair washed & get the dye out. I'll never forget the sight as I was sitting at my desk and saw her emerge from the bathroom with a bunch of paper towels stuck to her head (in her attempt to dry her hair.) I think I was even mean enough to go take a picture of her like this with my cell phone. I'm sure she yelled at me, but it was worth it. I should have taken more though since the next thing she did was go to the kitchen to find a fork... to try to use to brush out her hair. A very typical "Lucy" moment.

Loki: I will laugh about this now…But at the time, I was not laughing. I felt so bad. What a genius I am spray painting fumes on top of my pregnant head. Because of that incident, I had to leave the house when Big T painted the baby room… And then I had to spend the night with Nana when they set off some bug bombs at my house to AVOID the fumes. I have no idea what I was thinking when I sprayed my head. I would like to also mention that the water in the sink was ICE COLD. We can’t get warm water in there… (I always wash my hands really fast)…And I have a lot of hair. I did feel almost instantly better and I am quite lucky to have Stella there at work to go fetch me some shampoo…Even if she did laugh at me. And the fork worked! What else was I supposed to do? I always wanted to be Ariel… I guess that is as close as I am going to get!

Stella: Hah! I also forgot to mention that the year Loki was a spider she also got pulled over on the way home, and I'm pretty sure the only reason that she got out of the ticket was because the officer was terrified of her. I am not much of a dresser-upper myself. I don't get why girls feel the need to dress up like sluts and go prance around town when they are 20 years old. But I am an old hag so I just can't relate. I think when I was three my mom dressed me up as a "punk rocker," but it was more like a prostitute. "You smell like a baby prostitute..." (Sorry, another Mean Girls quote. No one else in our family will be able to keep up with us if we say too many quotes.) One year when I was little I was also a bride. (I saw a picture of Curls wearing my hand-me-down bride outfit this weekend too and laughed.) I can't think of any other costumes I wore though...

Loki: I liked the punk rocker outfit! I don’t think you looked like a prostitute though…!!! I don’t know where that came from. Please illicit some pictures. I remember being Raggedy Anne, a princess, a cat, and I am not sure what else. I do remember Batman always being a bum. I like the homemade kind of costumes though…No need to spend $50 on a baby outfit. I hope I can keep up the creativity and make super cute outfits for Baby Blue. I don’t think your age has anything to do with your lack of desire to dress like a slut… it’s because you are not one. Do you like how much we are using such “vulgar” language! Haha. We weren’t allowed to say shut-up or butt without getting some soap in our mouth. Please tell me what I can be this year…. It’s a chance to not have to dress up for work!! I think I might be bringing back the college student ensemble so that I can wear my sweat pants. YESSS! I did get out of a ticket the spider year… which I think is the only time I have ever gotten out of one! “Why are you dressed so scary?!" (Sorry, that's the last Mean Girls quote for the post.)
What was your favorite Halloween costume?

6 comments:

  1. Now I know what Choc Chip means...being mentioned in your blog is so.... exciting!!
    I'm still laughing over the paper towels to dry your hair and the 'dingelhopper' to comb it out with!! Oh! I love Ariel! And Flounder! "Don't be such a guppy!" ..there's my quote! I didn't get any of your quotes. I'll bet both little ones will be so cute all dressed up!! Home made costumes are always best, I think! How about you two be Thelma and Louise? OR...Lucy and Ethel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all the quotes and they made the post better! I love that movie, and my Mom actually has seen at least half of it because it comes on the family channel at least once a month and i watch it EVERY time its on! I need a shirt like that.... only with a blue heart and bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saucy-- No Bows silly... little boys dont wear bows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. duhhhh haha forget about that...i wonder what a boy one would have then

    ReplyDelete
  5. they have one that doesnt have a bow on it... making it a boy i guess. :)

    ReplyDelete