Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cuz You Had a Bad Day

Stella: Today has turned out to be a not-so-cheerful day. Our boss is being an inappropriate word. Like seriously. A really inappropriate word. Loki & I have both contemplated how we should just get up and walk out. Our phone hasn’t stopped ringing. And there is a man outside walking around painting the house with something & the fumes are about to knock us all dead and the smell of my leftover lunch is almost as potent. Not to mention, our stupid ex’s are getting big, ugly tattoos and making up lies. (Okay, just mine. Which is nothing unusual but still irritating!) The only thing I have to look forward to is the Carrie Underwood concert tonight with my beloved little parents.

Loki:
Oh yes, I just called Big T to rant and I was hoping to get some sympathy or for him to say he will come and kick our boss’ butt. Maybe I just wanted him to tell me to quit my job and come home. (Why I think this will ever happen is beyond me!) Alas, all he said was, “Crap rolls down hill.” I don’t even know what that is supposed to mean! But he said it like 3 times. I guess he was trying to say let it go… Sigh.

Isn’t it funny how 10 years ago you wouldn’t be caught dead at a concert with your PARENTS! And now they are your date. I would make fun of you except I would gladly join in. Although in this point of my life, country music gets on my nerves. All I have to look forward to is another hour in the car before I get home to cook dinner. And I just realized I didn’t thaw anything for dinner. Nuts.

Stella:
Yes, I have gone to several concerts with the Old Folks. Billy Joel… John Cougar... I have no shame in that. It’d be even nicer if they were paying for it… (Hint! Hint! Nana Bess!) Loki actually had the nerve to call Carrie “whiney” this morning. I was very defensive seeing as how we watched her on American Idol & grow up in the country music scene… like proud parents.

Loki: I do not watch American Idol! Gasp! I do like Carrie, but today it was just too much. It probably didn’t help that we were inching our way to work in stop-and-go traffic. Stella was blarring the slow “poor me” music and singing loudly while zooming up to the car in front of her- and then slamming her brakes only to be inches from the bumper of the vehicle ahead of us. She then complained that she couldn’t ever get over to switch lanes! So I had to coach her on how to get over slowly… My work as a big sister is never done. Haha just kidding, please don’t talk about my driving.

Stella: I used to think The Man Child was the family shame, but now I think you are. Not watching as much tv as the rest of us. Disgraceful. Well, the only interesting thing that has happened while at work is Cha cha just told us that she knew a girl named “La-a.” How would you say that? That is the real spelling… La-a. You pronounce it “La Dash ah.” Do you ever feel like we have the same conversation over & over?

Loki: What did The Man Child ever do to be the family shame? I have always been the family shame… or felt like the family shame. May I also say that every time The Man Child is mentioned I hear you say the line about RUSSIAN WOMEN…It's connected to the name now in my head…And it makes me laugh. Say it again. haha.


Stella: He didn't go to college. Duh. Not carrying on the tradition of getting a General Studies degree and doing nothing with it. What's he thinking!
*** I would also like to add that Carrie was AMAZING! She sang a medley of "Jesus Take the Wheel" & "How Great Thou Art" that was out of this world!!! And then as we were leaving the concert, who do I see? Our boss & his wife. I'm pretty sure I was not very friendly.


So! How was your day today? Did you have a good day today or a bad day today? Well, what kind of day was it? I don't know, how 'bout you, how was your day?

9 comments:

  1. Carrie WAS AMAZING and the BEST concert by far (well, since the Eagles this summer..heh heh)... Even sitting up high in the nose bleed section, she put on a great show! And I agree.. the highlight was when she broke into the chorus of "How Great Thou Art" after singing "Jesus take the Wheel". Well worth it and as an added bonus, we did eat out at OTB with LOKI and the Man Child BEFORE the concert (oh and baby Blue) It made for a FANTASTIC day all around! How can today not be good as well when I have this to think about today at work! ... "Now sings my soul....my Savior GOD to THEE.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tired, and huge, and hungry. Im always hungry because no one ever feeds me. and my paretns left me yesterday alone to take care of myself for three days....Don't they realize I have in laws WAITING for a chance to kill me? Even beard boy taught me how to load and shoot his pistol before he left for the break. Atleast HE cared enough. and i didn't get to go see carrie =(..... hm....yup thats my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...thus far I've played 99 games of solitaire on my laptop and plucked my eyebrows! WONDERFUL day!!!!! However, it is about to get a zillion times better; I pick up Choo-Choo in a couple of hours and we're going have fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!! Saucy, where did Choc Chip and Bus Barn Man go?
    Oh! La-a; I read about that chicks mom. She was mad because everyone always pronounced her daughters name wrong! Cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choc Chip and Bus Barn Man have went to Branson. Today she is galavanting about all the outlet malls shoppping with her rich friend, while Bus Barn is golfing. And after this little adventure is over, they will then return for just a few days, until they skip town once again to go to arkansas with Nana Bess and Evs. If only I were ten again....THEN she wouldn't up and leave me so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the nerve of her!!!! I think I may just call DHS and report that she is neglecting her child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah. Saucy, I hope you can find some time to drink some water today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have eating very healthy today, laid about and slept, and drank lots of disgusting water. and its all been TORTURE! but feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shame of the family.... i thought i was on my way to being the Pride of the family! see if i get you subway again.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. My day changes as the hours tick away. But it started with 'little dude' (Slade) finding me in the sunroom and me getting to snuggle til he realized he was hungry. Two more darling grandchildren to get breakfast for..then finding something to keep them busy..but didn't work..'little dude' and 'tomboy' got into a fight and all heck broke out. Soon all toys were put away and lunch was over and the family left. Quiet now and listening to "Archie" on itunes while clothes wash..much more will be done the next few days. But fun to have my youngest grandchildren here to play with their fav cousin, Bella. Hope Saucy is feeling better today. Let me know how everything turns out. (It's a secret!)

    ReplyDelete