Thursday, November 18, 2010

Expiration Date

Loki: Oh no. Stella had just written an entire blog about her disgust for expired milk. (Gross right?) But it somehow got twisted around into talking about farts and other smelly things coming out of the fridge. (You thought I was going to say bottoms, didn't you?) Anyway, I was typing to add more on to that subject when Baby Blue crawled up to me and reached up... hitting a button that effectively deleted the whole thing. Whoops. There's no way I can recreate the blog we were working on... I guess this is what happens when you blog at home with a baby. Perhaps it is my punishment for spending all my free time on the computer blogging instead of finding a job. Anyhow, earlier today Blue & I were jamming out when we suddently heard a knock on the door. (I always ignore knocks on my door. If it is someone I know then they would have called first... or will call if I don't answer the door.) If anyone does happen to show up at my door then I just pretend to be napping or taking a shower so I don't have to answer the door. However, today as I said before there was loud music playing...so it was obvious that I am home. I thought I could just ignore it and act like I just couldn't hear the door over the music. Well, the knocking continues to the point that they knock the door open. Well, that was rude! So I say, "Excuse me!" I think someone is about to barge in my house (even though at this point I think it is probably my mother in law.) Who else just barges into someone's home? Turns out it was the gas man. See how funny this was when we were already talking about gas? Anyway, now there are strange men in my back yard fiddling with the gas. I guess they had to turn off the gas and have been asking me silly questions that I don't know the answer to. I don't know if my oven ignition is electic or gas? I guess I won't try and cook or take a shower until they leave. Until then I am hiding out in this room.

Stella: Oh my. The previous post was much better than this.


Loki: Sorry! Perhaps you would like to know that another time Baby Blue and I were jamming out...the toilet overflowed. So bad that there was water seeping into my bedroom and her bedroom. I had to use every towel in the house to soak up the water... and I put the baby in a hamper so she couldnt get in the water and play. It is amazing the circumstances I get myself in now that I am home all the time. Oh and on the job front...because I know you are all so interested....I applied to 5 different places on craigslist and 2 have already responded and are scams. Did you know people are now also using the job market to scam people. If I were a crook I wouldn't think that the unemployed would be the wealthiest people to rob... just saying.


Stella: Maybe you & the baby should stop "jamming out." Just a suggestion. Then you could do more productive things... Like clean out your laundry room. Hint hint. (It pains me to even glance in its direction.) I don't have anything interesting to say now that you've deleted my insightful and thoughtful discussion on expiration dates... The most I can offer to you is that I'm going to get my hair cut today. Bella is playing with her Lite Brite. And I watched another 3 movies I've never seen before. Oh and last night Bella vomitted in bed and I had to rinse out a huge pile of puke from my sheets. As well as off of my body. My self-esteem is just booming right now.

Loki: Ugh thats my worst nightmare. Puke. The laundry room isnt that bad... seriously. I just did all the laundry in my house... you are just thinking of my old house. I did just clean out the computer room, you would be impressed. Gee we are so entertaining now that we lost our highly entertaining jobs. Do you think I should let Baby Blue crawl on the computer desk while I type this? Probably not but she is happy.

Stella: I should teach my daughter where the delete button so she can "accidentally" get rid of this nonsense. The laundry room was atrocious. I saw it on Monday.

Loki: Ahh the never ending scolding for my cleanliness. Obvioulsy the previous post would have been better... but I did the best I could. Now that the baby is napping I shall go try on clothes for our family photos this weekend. Would you like to also know what I am cooking for dinner this week? I just made a pork loin last night with some broccoli... you know I was watching Rachel Ray (even though she really annoys me how she giggles all the time) ...anyway I had the recipe already so I went ahead and made it. Also I cant decide what to wear for our photos... either my new snazzy black outfit... or the purple shirt. Decisions decisions. I have a feeling that I would look best in the purple. I just want to look better than anyone. Well not really... I just dont want to look fat. Thats my goal, Not to look fat. I must go and practice my leaning in to appear thinner. (gma mod told us about this) Or perhaps I should jump on this elliptical behind me that has been collecting dust. Yes thats what I will do.
(Stella told me to ramble so much it would bore all of you to tears... did it work?)

Whats the one room in your house that needs a good cleaning?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't lived here long enough to need to clean out anything yet. Well, the garage I suppose. We have one wall stacked up w/ my 'treasures' that I seem to not want to part with. I'm bad about getting rid of stuff from the past. My man calls me 'hoarder' a lot. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer, I just posted but forgot to type in the funny letters so it disappeared! It was too long to repeat..so guess I'll just say my sunroom is the messiest room in my house. I do everything in that room. And today I cleaned out the art shelves to make room for Thanksgiving next week. It took me a long time to make decisions where to put things. I think I said earlier that I like Rachel Ray's 30 min meals. But she's too perky sometimes. I fixed Paula Deen's recipe tonight: Wayne's Beef and Macaroni and Cheese. Grampa called it Goulash. But anything with cheese and macaroni is yummy. I said some more stuff but don't want to type it all in again. Maybe another time. I did say I liked Loki in purple and was sorry Bella got sick. Ugh.Nothing worse than throw up in the middle of the night. I've had my share..also wet sheets. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puppy diarreah in my bathroom floor is FAR worse than precious child vomit. Feel better now? Oh! Some exciting news: I cleaned out my closet yesterday!! Amazing how such a dumb little chore can make you feel so HAPPYYYY!! I think I must get it from Choc Chip. Thanks Cookie Goo Goo!! I do the same thing Loki does when someone knocks on my door. Except I turn the tv off so it makes me not home. Like the boogy man didn't hear me turn the tv off. Golly. I know some things aren't spelled correctly but I haven't the time to perfect them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gross to the Puppy poo! I would much rather clean up anything that comes out of my child any day!

    By the way, I love Paula Dean's macaroni & cheese... the crock pot recipe. YUM-O!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stella, do you mind sending me the recipe to the mac and cheese, crock pot style? I'd LOVE to have it. Also, will you please remind Bess that I would like the pinwheel recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. For you Cougar :)

    Pinwheels:
    8 oz. sour cream
    8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
    4 oz. diced green chilis (drained)
    4 oz. black olives (drained)
    1 jar pimento, chopped
    1 cup grated cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup chopped green onion
    Garlic powder to taste
    Seasoned salt to taste
    5 (10 inch) flour tortillas
    Salsa (to dip in only)

    Mix all of the filling ingredients together. Divide the filling & spread evenly over tortillas. Roll up the tortillas. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, twisting ends. Refrigerate for several hours (overnight is best.) Unwrap & cut slices in 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.



    Paula Dean's Mac & Cheese:

    2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
    4 tbl butter, cut into pieces
    2 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
    1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 cup whole milk
    1/2 tsp dry mustard
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    3 eggs, beaten
    1/2 cup sour cream

    Boil Macaroni. Then in saucepan, mix butter & cheese. Stir until cheese metls. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture. Add eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustand & pepper. Stir well. Add in the macaroni & stir again. Set the slow cooker on a low setting & cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great stuff if you don't look at the cheese and butter melting. it tastes great. Her recipe actually suggests stirring every hour or so...but I have left it along for the whole 3 hours than added more cheese and stirred. My friend fixes this and bakes it and her grandkids love it too.
    Curls, so fun to have you join us. Puppy poo has to be worse than anything. And I don't answer the door until I look outside window to see who is there. Then ignore. Hey, they don't know if I'm in the shower or on the phone. I don't have to answer the door. But I'd never be able to use a gun either. Even if it were self defense. Only if I had a child with me. Then I would be - could be strong. And I forgot to say Mr Mechanic will drink milk even it the date is old. Pwhewh! I can't. I'm very picky about milk. Just enough to cover my cereal. Can't drink it ever by itself. Even though I like cream pies and puddings. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stella!! Thank you so much. I can't wait to make both recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete