Monday, November 29, 2010

Lady of Leisure

Loki: I was left out of the family Thanksgiving weekend movie seeing venture... As usual. Stella was nice enough to call to say (or text...since she doesn't like talking on the phone) that her and Bella, NanaBess, Blondie and Gma Mod were all headed to the new animated film Tangled and to see if I wanted to join. I wanted to go....but that would require me to drive 30 minutes to drop off Baby Blue and then back to the movie theater, which is another 20 minutes away.. All to see a kid's movie. It just didn't seem right to me. I didn't want to drop off my kid just to go watch a kid movie. Ya, ya.. I know she is too young to go to the movie theaters and that's fine. I get it. I will have to be excluded in these adventures until Baby Blue is old enough to participate... Although by that time perhaps I will have another little baby to hold me back.

Can I also mention that the MIL asked me what I was doing now that I was a "lady of leisure." Ahem... I am not a lady of leisure... I am busy being a mom. Hello! Not to mention that my husband is literally gone from 7 am to 8 pm at night. He is busy doing his Christmas lighting adventure when he is not working and I am feeling more and more like a full time single mom. Whew. No need to mention how easy my child is... she is ... but she is still a baby and still in need of constant attention and care. I love it... I absolutely love it, but I am getting pressured into buckling down and finding that job. I just would rather not.
Stella: If you have another baby then that will be fine with me. We'll just take Blue & leave you at home with Little T. hahah. I can see us now galavanting off to Disney World & leaving you at home in your sweat pants. Also, I just want to point out that I can't help it that you waited until years had passed after Bella's birth to have your own child. I also can't help it that you moved 5,000 miles away from us & you hate having to drive everywhere. One last thing, I can't help that you don't like Disney movies. I LOVE THEM! Tangled was super duper cute by the way. (but the 3D part was unnecessary, which also made it way too expensive. ) But I will definitely be buying it when it comes out on dvd to add to Bella & mine's Disney collection. I also got her a Rapunzel Barbie for Christmas... and had to practice a lot of self-control to not give it to her early... Speaking of early, Nana Bess & I got up to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. We have never participated in the Black Friday shopping experience.. and we both concurred that we would do it again. Were you upset that you weren't invited to that too? At least I invited you out today to join in our on workouts that we have planned.

Now on to your second paragraph Mrs. Lady of Leisure. I don't quite think you can call yourself a "single parent." Just because Big T skips out on a few diaper changes or applesauce feedings does not qualify you as a single parent.

Loki: Oh goodness...calm down. I just meant that I was starting to feel like one. I will not get into the details of the missing of Big T. It is really hard to concentrate when you are taking pictures of me "working" on the blog but then telling me to "look thin". What is that? Please stop talking to me and reading everything I write. We just went on a nice jog out in the cold. My nose is a running. We came home to find Nana walking on the treadmill.... with her singing along to her ipod. Let me tell you how funny that was to hear Nana sing while huffing and puffing to no music at all. Her voice was rather low ...much lower than her church voice. haha

Stella: It sounded like TMC was singing. Yes, it was a lovely run for the ladies of leisure. I can't believe Loki was able to sacrifice THAT MUCH TIME without her Baby Blue and actually leave the house. I think we should change our names from 'The Bantering Sisters' to the 'Ladies of Leisure'... Wow. It is hard to write things with someone breathing down your neck. Talk about pressure. I will just tell you that after listening to you whine and talk and gripe about your personal problems, I have come up with a solution... Which is to just have another baby & move closer. Ta da! I'm brillant I know.
Loki: We will for sure be moving closer at some point. I am regretting that house already... It was a good compromise for Big T and I at the time, but I think it was a compromise neither one of us liked. We will just argue about the two different cities when we move next time anyway. Anyway, enough of my "problems." They are really silly problems to have and I shouldn't be so complainy... Is that a word? I shall make it one. Let me get a little cheesy schmeesy right now.. I am truly blessed and very lucky to have so much family around. I forget that not everyone has such a support system as I do and have always had. When Big T complains about the holidays and what that means about running around to all the different homes... I have to remind him that it is certainly not a bad problem to have. There now I will have officially made Stella puke. Maybe she will start the blog topic next time. haha (Can I also mention that I am super excited about the party on Saturday!! There's gonna be some great decor by Stella ...)

What do you want to talk about today?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT that you both are NOW like your mom and "ladies of leisure".. hahahaha.. yeah right. I get really upset when people assume that staying at home and taking care of your child is NOT a job. It is the MOST important job in the world. Why do you think Loki and Stella have turned out to be such wonderful young ladies! Momma Bess is so proud. I will do all I can to support the staying at home. Of course as needed the part time jobs to "help" out at times is okay. AS Stella loves to say, "God made the MAN to toil the earth!" (not the women) :) And yes... the party will be the best since Bella's.. do come one and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really... a big party for a viewing of a Twilight movie? With decor? I'm sure you gals will have much fun. I am glad Loki feels blessed to have family nearby. It is a blessing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait! And how blessed was I having never worked until oldest was Sr in H.S. Leisure though, no! Laundry, mopping kitchen floors so babies could crawl over them, laundry, preparing meals..real meals like meat, starch and vegetables. And homemade bread and homemade desserts at least 3 times a week, also homemade cookies several times a week. More laundry and sometimes vacuuming and dusting. When company over. But house came second to being with the kids and going to all their functions. Was not a homeroom mother but think Choc chip was. So I did set a good example. I never had to consider my family at holiday times. They were across country like CA. I think Smalltown tries to take turns..which is good for them, but I miss them when they are not here. One problem about being home all the time, is you always have 'later' to get something done. I usually only do something when it is absolutely necessary, as I work better under pressure. Like right now..only have 15 minutes to fix dinner..so better sign off. Am so looking forward to Sat. Do we have to eat diet food too? Thought Nana Bess liked to walk outside? But singing is good. I missed the treadmill today, maybe tomorrow. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose I should comment on such a wonderful topic. Yes, I too was very blessed to be a stay at home mumsy for 18 years and would do it all again. I was able to keep up with all the things that now I have to do in the evening when I am too tired after working all day. I don't think I would have been as good as a mom if I would of worked all day and then try and clean cook laundry and spend time with my kids all in the evening. And seriously, when would I have worked out! Ba ha ha. I am also super pumped about the party saturday!!! Hey cougar, are you coming?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would LOVE to join in. Big Guy invited "a few" friends over to watch the Big 12 Championship game, GO OU!!! I think I'm going to have a house full, like 15-20! (a few?? lol) You all can come too! All are welcome! I know that you all are going to have a blast. I have not seen it, so I want to.
    I am SO thankful that I was able to be a stay at home mom! I must say also that I learned A LOT of wonderful things about being a mom from Nana Bess and Choc Chip. I am thankful for their friendship! I'm sure I should thank Gma Modern for bringing up such great girls and they, in return, helped me! One thing that they have tried and tried to 'teach' me is to exercise. GROSS! I just hate it. If I could roller skate daily, I would LOVE to do that, but I want to do it inside. That is the only regular exercise that sounds fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tah-dah!!!! A light just went on in my head! I have skates (I was on a skate team in 7-8 grade. Still have my skates! lol. Does that surprise you Bess and Chip? I mean really, does it? That I would STILL have them?). I have a treadmill too. I can "skate" on the treadmill. Would that be a workout?

    ReplyDelete