Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Choc-a-holic

Stella: Have you come down from your party planning high yet? Yep. It's so stressful getting a big celebration together and even though this wasn't my baby's party, I still did half of the work. So I am left feeling like, Hmm... what's next? Don't worry. These are normal feelings. I get them after every big event I've been looking forward to. Well, let me tell what's next... Valentine's! Did you think like me that you could just have one tiny cheat day at little Baby Blue's birthday party? Even I did... But then, the very next day is Valentine's. The day of misery. Singleness. Aloneness. And nothing but chocolate to comfort the empty little heart. Okay, that's an exaggeration of my feelings towards the stupid commercial holiday, but apparently my dad does feel sorry for me for being so pathetic for not having a male companion so he buys me a whole box of chocolates to make me feel better. Which usually food always works, but I haven't eaten sugar in 2 weeks so my body is not used to it anymore. I'm very dainty, I know. But ... I still lost the temptation challenge. I ate at least half of the box. Whew. And that's when I came to the conclusion that I am indeed a choc-a-holic. Once I eat some, I must have more and more and more... Now since I am very privy to information on addiction, this is no laughing matter. I am SERIOUS. If I have chocolate, I crave it even more. I think about where I can find it... if I can just eat some now while no one is watching... whose extra chocolate I can swipe and no one will notice. It's a full blown addiction problem. I would refer to the South Beach diet book on how sugar spikes your blood insulin etc etc but I will spare you for now.

Loki: Thank goodness! I have no need to talk about your south beach diet in life or on the blog. Okay, I am sorry I have been so hateful towards the diet... it's really because I am jealous... Of your results, the fact that you have a work out buddy, (which I think makes a huge difference,) the fact you have someone to cook for you or help you cook meals, the fact you have someone to help you grocery shop and mainly someone to encourage you daily and someone you get to boss around day to day. Ha. You would think I was the single one and you had one amazing man working out and cooking for you. I guess that would be the upside of living with your mom. I had every intention of starting my diet this morning... After seeing some flubby photos of myself... and then bam. I saw the 2 cupcakes I had left in my fridge the bag of M&Ms and all the chocolate hearts that did not make it out of my house after the party. So what do I do? Throw it away? (I also still had some BBQ potato chips that were calling my name.) Pleh... what is one more day?! Sheesh. I have no motivation lately. Let me declare now that I will be dieting at least until my birthday. There now it is on the blog so I can not back out. I want people calling me SKINNY. Anyway, let me get off this soap box. I have not felt the lull... the party decor is still up in my house because her birthday has not come. I plan on doing something special on her actual day of birth...and of course singing to her multiple times over and over on that day... so perhaps I will feel the lull then. I very much appreciate the fact that you help me with her parties although Big T said that he was mad at you. He said I wouldn't be doing all the unnecessary things if you did not have fantastic parties too. Whatever! I thought it wasn't too over the top. If I had any bit of baking talent I would have attempted to make some of the baked goods, however, Stella would not even allow me to melt chocolate to dip pretzels in. Oh and P.S. I got nothing for Valentine's day. I don't really care though. It is a commercialized holiday. I got to spend the day in my PJs with my husband and baby and played with all her cool new toys....all day long.

Stella: Good. After your snarky remarks to me on facebook about my loving my mother status, I told Loki I hoped she got another tree for Valentine's. Or bush. Or some sort of shrubbery. hahah. I just wanted to say shrubbery again. It's a fun word. Anyhow. You didn't get anything?!Not even a love poem? That doesn't cost money. Did you two dance around like fools in love like the Coug and her man cub? hahah...  I got a new tiny coffee pot just for me from my darling mother as well. (Because I only drink decaf and have to empty out everyone else's coffee before I can make my own.)

AND I did not tell you to do any of these things for Blue's birthday. You practically threw a temper tantrum because I didn't come up with a whole list of ideas for you and weren't participating in the planning. You guys should have seen her in her rampage at the Hobby Lobby. She was psycho girl! It frightened even me. So Big T can shove it. I'm not helping you again either. All the mess was made here at our house- we had to bring it all to Loki's house- we cleaned up all of her house before we left and brought the mess back home with us- only to return to the previous mess in our house. You're just going to have to learn to make a cookie. I mean, it's a cookie. Every woman should master the skill of making a cookie. Maybe this is why your man isn't buying your Valentine's gifts. You can't even feed him a cookie. Now, it's not likely to be as delicious as mine... as my cookie's signature deliciousness are known far and wide.. But if you could just bake something without burning it, this would be a vast improvement. Then maybe with some more time and work you can get to where this food might actually be okay to serve to people. Bahaha. Okay, don't write a whole paragraph about how I act superior to you.

Loki: I am not speaking to you anymore. I am done on this subject. Move on. The party was fantastic...which had a lot to do with you. You are super fantabulous and I have no idea how I would survive without you. You are my sunshine my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey.
No dancing or love poems at my house. Only smothering kisses for the baby. I am apparently no longer important.

Stella: Maybe next year Big T will spring for a chocolate massage.



What's your favorite chocolate thing to eat?

4 comments:

  1. I'll tell ya....we were 'fools in love' at least on that night! I also sang to him like I was at Carnegie Hall giving a concert!!! I had a pretend mic and I was singing loud and proud! (I Could Not Ask for More by Sarah Evans) I thought I was sounding wonderful!! Then...I look at him and he is snickering! Yeah, he didn't think I sounded as good as Sarah!!!! Whatever!! It was still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...welcome to my life at YOUR age, Loki... your dear old dad thought Valentines day was JUST a day someone came up with so people would have to spend money and have to buy cards, and chocolates and flowers.. and he was NOT particpating. I literally got my very FIRST Valentine's day card from him a mere 11 years after we were married!!! 11 years! He held out for 11 years.. and on the day I ALWAYS acted the same... I got him his nuts, his card full of love and mush and each of the children a little something something.... and then I pouted and cried and moped around the house all day long and even told him, "EVERY VALENTINES DAY YOU DON'T ACKNOWLDEGE ME, I WILL ACT THIS WAY!!!!!"... So.. this year I did recieve a package of dark DOVE chocolates (my favorite and I hinted loudly this year that I wanted it).. and a mushy card. Hang in there Loki and Stella.. count your blessings.. you are loved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daddy got me a heart necklace and my mommy got me chocolates and flowers. sheesh i was very pleased but couldnt help but think that wouldnt have happened if certain "events" such as becoming single hadn't happened. But this years valentines was the best i had in my whole life. guess what i got from retard last year? a trip to TACO MAYO. I kid you not. his idea of a romantic date was apparently going through a drive through for tacos. we didnt even go inside ! not that that would have madea difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahhahaha. I am so sorry Saucy... But I have to admit I LOVED your comment. Taco Mayo is definitely better than anywhere I ever got to "go out to" as well. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete