Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Self Analysis

 Loki: Do you ever wish you possessed different characteristics and/or abilities? I wish I could write. I wish I was creative enough to write a book... to think up of a story that others want to read. I can make up stories all day long... they mainly have to do with me being rich, thin, fantastic, and living the high life.(but no one wants to read that but ME!) However I do not possess the ability to articulate it into words. I do think that Stella has this quality. Stella write a book! I also hate that I am shy. I dont really know what that is about because I was not shy as a kid. This must be a quality that I developed later in life... perhaps it has to do with self esteem...I am not really sure. Stella is shy too.. which we do not help each other when we are in uncomfortable situations. ie..When we decided to volunteer and help in the church 3 year old class...and we were in there with another adult whom neither of us knew. Small talk is not my strong suite...now my mother or my grandma...could talk to a wall. Seriously they can both chatter away with anyone. I would like to be nice and bubbly towards others. I fear I just make faces at strangers and pretend they are not there.

Stella: What's wrong with you? I think you have a disorder known as "Lack of Conversation with Adults Other Than My Mother, Sister and Husband Results in Inability to Be Social." You should make it your goal to engage in other social situations and get some practice interacting with others. This might help ease your social awkardness. Sorry, that's all I could come up with. Seriously, I don't know why you think you are shy or that I am shy. I don't think I'm shy at all anymore. I don't have a problem talking to anyone if I had to and I could make small talk if it were forced upon me to do so. It's just a choice. Do I want to waste energy chatting up the other moms? No. I was nice, pleasant and likeable. I didn't ignore her or not talk to her. I just didn't go out of my way to learn her life story. She was the one who was not friendly. I read that as a cue to not waste time divulging into my personal business or trying to learn about hers. I am pretty sure we already talked about this.

Loki: Well I hung out with people not related to me last night. Arent you proud? My bestest friend came over and we shoved our husbands (well her boyfriend) together and have decided that they are being forced to be friends. Thats like a rule right? I guess that probably doesnt count as interacting with other human beings...especially when most of the topics were about Blue and her birth. Oh well I tried.

Stella: Momma tried.

Loki: Well its sorta like going on a job interview and the interviewer asking you what your weakest strength...Well I dont have any strenthgs? Okay that did not come out right. It was a joke... I heard it on the Comedy Channel this weekend. So I am not good at telling jokes either. Well I feel like this blog is just the same blog we have already posted a thousand times. Let me think of a story to tell you instead. ..

When I was in high school I had one of my most embarrassing moments happen. hmm go figure a high school girl being embarrassed?! So I was wearing a skirt.. a black one to be exact. I was walking up some stairs to my English class.. I got all the way up the stairs, put my hand behind my back pack to grab my skirt and....I felt my butt. As in my skirt had been pulled up and tucked under my bag!! Um My butt was showing. AHHH! I quickly pulled the skirt down and ran to class. I do not know if anyone was behind me or not. I am thinking not because no one snickered or made a comment... but who knows I ran faster than I ever had in my life to get in the door of my class before I could be recognized.

Stella: Here is something we can talk about. Contractions. No, not like the labor pains. Contractions are made when 2 words are combined together. For example: it is = it's, was not= wasn't, had not= hadn't, I am= I'm, he had= he'd.... Do you see how you use an apostrophe to separate the two words? You see, my sister, in a contraction, an apostrophe takes the place of the missing letter or letters. What the readers of this blog might not have picked up on is that Loki NEVER correctly punctuates her contractions and since it is MY PET PEEVE, I will meticulously go through her paragraph just to insert apostrophes. It is SO annoying. I purposely DIDN'T (see how this is done correctly?) make any corrections today. They teach you this in the 3rd grade so I am not sure HOW you do not know how to do this. Quit being lazy.





Throw something there. Anything at all.

2 comments:

  1. Momma tried! lol... my hillbilly son has that tattooed on the underside of his upper arm! Nerd. But yes, Momma tried!! So, is it okay to not use correct punctuation in a text? I always want to shorten the text so I will type like this; "im gonna b @ store n a few. I know u need eggs too. ill get u some" (I always spell too and know correctly; to. too. two. know. no.) I always think the person will think I don't know how to spell. lol... silly, huh? But seriously, do you need to spell and punctuate in a text? That’s what you could blog about someday; Text etiquette. Also text meanings; rofl, lol. I have a friend and he works in an office and in emails he'd get the lol at the end. He thought everyone was saying, "Lots of love"... he thought they were odd for saying that!! Ha! Loki, you certainly were NOT shy as a child, you can say that again! You were very outgoing and would talk to anyone. Hummm...wonder why you feel shy now? You are fun to talk to and I do think you would be a good writer! ...just have Stella proof read before you submit! lol Stella, does it bother you that I never capitalize cougar at the end of my comments? I'm lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother certainly corrected our conversation and our English teachers taught us correct way to spell. It is hard to shorten words when texting and must be done or I would end up sending 6 or more pages...which would take forever. I do find myself adding apostophes..but like to shorten some words..assuming everyone knows that's what I'm doing. Loki...you are not shy..you just feel uncomfortable around people who are new...Stella was the shy one...but now she tends to listen and share only when she wants to. And besides, you can't be best friends with everyone and share everything you know..Carlon told us this "you don't have to join every conversation" and "you don't have to share everything you know" which was news to me and very hard for me to too. Actually, I admire people like Stella who think before they talk. But afterall, that's the way God made us. And, you are both good writers...and I appreciate Stella correcting Loki...so I don't have to. lol

    ReplyDelete