Friday, August 6, 2010

Feed Me!


<><>
Stella: It's Friday. I'm hungry. And no one is here to feed me.

Loki: Seriously, you are ridiculous! If I didn’t go get food for Stella every day she would starve! Well, maybe not starve, but she wouldn't eat. She'd just wait until dinner time when Mommy Bess feeds her. Not only will she never go get food to eat for lunch, it's like pulling teeth trying to get her to decide what to eat. The girl is so indecisive. It's nuts. I will even go get her something to eat even when I’ve brought my lunch for the day. What a nice sister I am! I don’t know if it is because I’m so much older that I feel the need to take care of her or if I just don’t want to listen to her complain about how hungry she is for the rest of the day. The only time she will go pick up her own food is if: A. We are fighting that day or B. I'm going to a healthy spot that she doesn’t want to partake in. Even when I was 9 months pregnant and it was icy outside she still made me walk across the street to fetch the food from our fav burger joint! She does trade off paying for lunch so that's something I guess. Every now & then she will call in orders for us, but I think that’s just because of her love of BTT (our fav taco place).

Stella: Well, I can't say that's not entirely true. I do love BTT with all my heart... But the rest of it is quite an exaggeration! Like it was probably your pregnant cravings that led you across the street for a juicy burger. And I'm sure I watched you out the window to make sure you didn't fall down or decide to eat my burger on the way back. haha. Why do you feel like being 12 months and 11 days older than me has made you feel so responsible for my well being? By the way, I do bring my own lunch sometimes & feed myself. Also I can't recall a single time that you went to get me food when you didn't get something for yourself.


And I can make decisions! Like I decided I'm not going to go pick up the food, but I decided I will pay for it and that I'd like a Diet Coke and chips as well... I'm just not good at choosing where to eat, but once we pick where you are going, I don't make you come up with my order. I can't help it if you decide to do something that I don't want to do. It's not like I'm incapable of feeding myself.. I just like being fed!


Loki: Hey, I like being fed too. I LOVE when someone else cooks or brings me food. It just doesn't happen every day like it does for you... or ever now that I think about it. But why are we speaking of food? I am on a diet right now! And you are supposed to be too, which means we cannot partake in such delicious (and fattening) places for another month at least. Quit putting up pictures of mouth-watering hamburgers. Just thinking about BTT & hamburgers is going to make my lunch of yogurt and tomatoes taste like…well, yogurt and tomatoes. Do you remember last week (when you weren't on a diet) and you asked me, “If you weren’t on a diet…where would you go eat?” Just so you could decide where to go to feed your own face! That was mean.

What do you want to eat for lunch? Or maybe you'd rather wear the Hamburger Dress...

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE these blogs! I would say that I live to wake up each day and run to my computer to see if you have posted one. Or that I can't even let my night working husband sleep in because the computer is in our room and I am so compelled to come into the room several times each morning to see if you've posted and it wakes him up every time. But that isn't the case, you see, I'm a newlywed and I have such an exciting life that I have far to much on my mind these days than your postings.
    OK... you know me. That is a big lie. I do run to my computer every morning several times to see if you've posted yet. He goes right back to sleep anyway...usually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY can't we decided WHERE and WHAT to eat? Isn't food just fuel to keep our bodies going. Why does it ALWAYS have to be about FOOD! And WHY WHY WHY do I have to make "healthy" choices of what to eat? Heaven will be wonderful. I will eat burritos, pizza and butterfingers all day long and not worry about a single nutritional or fattening thought! HA! *until then.. I shall keep on TRYING to cook healthy and yes.. since I am your mom.. I shall feed you too. :) LOVE the BLOGS.. keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that I love these blogs too. Dont stop! I came home from working all day and got on the computer to read the new blog. There is a great place I ate for the first time with my mumsy and curls by your work place. A sandwich joint with amazing bakery goods to. I would go there and treat my self on Fridays if I was so close.

    chocolate chip

    ReplyDelete
  4. was it Someplace Else that you ate? they have a wonderful avacado/cream cheese sandwich. Sounds funny but it is wonderful. I introduced Curls when she worked here.
    Loki

    ReplyDelete
  5. GMA Modern loves hamburgers too Loki! And I like Megan know what I don't want to eat but after a place is chosen I can choose what I want. Actually I can come up with 3 choices of where I want to or be willing to go eat..not eating hamburgers is a very hard choice for me. But I would never eat just yogurt and tomatoes..you'll be starving by 2 pm. Just eat a healthy sandwich then yogurt and tomatoes for a snack. And the older sister is always the one in charge..unless she gets in a car accident..then the younger sister has to take over...not happy about that as I hate making decisions too. I also loved the place that Curls took me and Cookie to..surely they have a healthy salad there..and btw I too anxiously look forward each morning/day to check out the funny banter. In fact here I am reading and typing instead of doing my chores. Loki, I would love to cook for you if you only lived closer...the unhappy thing about cooking is the cleaning..but Bess usually does that for Stella and Gramps does that for me..so poor Loki...please eat something of substance so I won't worry about you. No, never wear the hamburger dress..eat it!

    ReplyDelete