Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sleep Tight


Loki: I hate to brag, but I have an extremely happy baby! She laughs…she smiles… she coo’s… and she seldom cries. I was also very blessed that Baby Blue started sleeping through the night so early. (Stella was all kinds of jelly jelly!) But for the past month she has taken to waking up every 2-3 hours. And I don’t know why! Maybe she is teething or going through a growth spurt? What is going on? I can’t function on this sleep deprivation. So today, I’ve been scouring the internet in search of reasons why my precious baby is suddenly waking up in the middle of the night. The answer I have come up with: She is cold. She kicks and move around like a crazy person in her crib, and I am sure her blanket isn’t very heavy that she kicks it off. We always find her in weird contorted positions in the morning. I’ve also been putting her in a nightgown at night so that it is easier to change her diaper (Rather than try to snap 500 buttons.. Who decided to put buttons? Why not Velcro or something easy to do?) But that leaves her little legs bare. Don’t you feel sorry for her now? Poor little cold baby. I guess tonight we will turn the fan off and put her in a some footy pj’s, and get a heavier blanket and see if that helps. Momma needs some sleep.
Stella: Momma is a nut job that’s what she is. Are you kidding me? You just wrote a whole paragraph on why you think you are sleep deprived?! (You’re not!) Yes, I’m all kinds of jealous (or jelly jelly although I’ve never actually heard anyone else use that term to convey jealousy) because MY BABY did not sleep through the night until… I don’t know? 9 months maybe? People think I’m exaggerating (which I do tend to do a lot) but not when it comes to Bella’s first year of life. She cried… She screamed… She cried some more… She couldn’t nurse properly.. And she wouldn’t sleep! Why, I could write a whole entire rant about how difficult it was to nurse that child! But instead, I will just say that you need to calm yourself down. It’s called having a baby, which means you don’t get to sleep anymore. You should be THANKFUL that for the past 6 months you have been able to go to bed at 8 p.m. and snooze away until 8 a.m. My advice: Put some socks on the child to make you feel better. And remember, she’s 6 months old, which means she’s growing & teething. That will affect her sleeping pattern & continue to mess up her routine. Get used to it. They get 20 of them!
What are you jelly jelly about?

No comments:

Post a Comment