Thursday, September 23, 2010

Betty Bob Modenbock

Stella: I have to admit I am a very nosey person. If I am processing an application, I will always check out the person’s occupation & income. I love to see what kind of money people make. I also can’t resist peaking at the height/weight for the person. And since I’m looking at that, I might as well review their medical records. Even though I can’t understand them, it’s still interesting. And I’m pretty sure it’s in my job description. I gotta know what’s going on.

Loki: I like to look at people’s medical history and backgrounds too. It can be rather entertaining in this dull place. Just yesterday we obtained some medical records from a psychiatric clinic. This particular fellow has a severe case of OCD. He also admitted to refusing to take his medication because when he went to pick it up at the pharmacy they were playing an Elton John song… so he refused to take the meds because he associated the medication to being gay. This same man would resist answering his telephone because he thought the devil was calling… You also see some rather weird names coming through here, and I just don’t understand how people name their kids such things like “Royal Whinery” or “Dunning.” There are several more that I can’t think of at the moment, but Stella and I like to yell out these weird names over and over. I am sure we drive our co-workers bonkers yelling random names out like we have tourettes. Foreign names are fun to yell too…. Cong Dong.

Stella: The world is full of wackos. I love that story. I wouldn’t answer if the devil was calling me either. I should start keeping a list of my favorite bad names. Wouldn’t you hate to have a last name like Dunkleberger or Nasalroad? DUNKLEBERGER! And thank God I didn’t have a name like Brenda Bumphus. Then you would have been Betty Bumphus! Hahah. Our father claims he knew a woman named Betty Bob Modenbock. He talks about her fondly. I think she'd be the lady on the left in the photo above. That's definitely a Betty Bob Modenbock.

Loki: One time an examiner went to a client’s house to do get a urine sample/take blood. She reported back that the client hid in the bathroom and refused to come out. He must have been that afraid of needles! How old do you think this client was? 5 or 10?!! No this man was 52 years old.
Stella: What? He wasn’t afraid of needles! He was afraid of his wife finding out what was in his urine. How many people find out their spouse still smokes because of this process?? Can you imagine being the nurse? "Uh.. Excuse me, sir...??" I bet he crawled out the window and ran down the street thinking the devil was chasing him in a nurse's costume. I like the people who just straight out say what they are going to find in their urine. “Yeah, I used cocaine. But don’t worry, it was just at this bachelor party I went to last week.” Uh.. still not good. Maybe you should have hid in the bathroom!

Loki: I like how they try to hide all of their indiscretions and not admit to anything. This never works. There was this one guy who said he was healthy… And then we found out he had a heart bypass, CAD (cardiovascular disorder,) sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes. Sure, you are healthy.. So then they say, my doctor never told me that! Yes, I am sure the dr. is out to get you and writes wrong medical information in your chart just to spite you.

Stella: I would. Doctors & lawyers who can get away with stuff like that. Plus most people don't ever get to even see their own medical charts & what's written in them. haha. And in the spirit of disclosing medical information, I did go to the dr this week. I know all of our readers are worried about my health and will be able to rest easy now knowing I am taking medication for my ear problems that Loki mentions all the time. They were playing a Melissa Etheridge song when I picked it up though so I'm starting to think I might not take it...

Got a name for us that's better than Don Key? (Another person our dad knows.) Heee haw! Let's hear them

7 comments:

  1. funny. There are some wild and crazy people out there! Did you know that when Evs and Bess were in HS there was a Coach Pigg AND a Coach Hogg there? I'm not 100% sure of the spelling, but still... that's funny! I also like the name Ethel Thayer. It's fun to say. It is from the movie On Golden Pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in HS, I played for Coach Pigg and his assistant, Coach Mouse..ha! Also my sister had a friend named Tuesday and my brother had a classmate named Pumpkin. Ethel Thayer.. sounds like I have a lisp doesn't it? (Golden Pond was one of my first movies that I went to with a friend) And this post makes me curious what your jobs are exactly.. At least there's some interesting things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the person named Ima Pigg or Ura Pigg but read that somewhere or maybe Gmpa told me that story. They were children of someone named Pigg. I did not like the language in Golden Pond but loved the story line..and Ethel Thayer makes one lisp..which is why I didn't name Dana 'Chrissy' incase she had a lisp making her name sound like Chrithy Reether. So Christine moved to her middle name and Dana was much easy. Two syllables is all a little person can sound out. Dean used to be "dee dee' when I called him Dean Thomas. And I've always wanted to ask for a copy of my med records but they would be boring..so why bother. And so glad you have each other to keep from going absolutely insane..and reassuring Stella now has something for her ears and I'm sure she will be Miss Pleasant all the time, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a Scout, Deacon, Chapel, Early, Mercedes, Sky and Rane Varner (sisters) Tuesdae, Sundae, April, May, June, January Odessa Bill and Cody Wyoming Bill (yikes! they're my cousins). I believe there was a girl named Problems at Mustang High a few years back. I really thought that was cruel! And then there is Apple (Gwenneth Paltrow's daughter).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I am pleasant all the time!!! I think Problems is the worst name on here so far. It's almost as bad as Precious. What's all this chatter about Golden Pond? I've never even heard such a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! It was a really good movie. It had Peter Fonda and his daughter Jane Fonda. (she was the fitness queen for awhile in the 80's...and an anti war gal in the 60's! I don't like her). It was SO long ago, that I don't really remember the movie, just that I really liked it. It won awards. And I beleive Choc Chip quotes it from time to time "The Loons! Oh the Loons!!!" Rent it, Nana Bess will watch it w/ you, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops, Peter is the brother. Henry Fonda is Janes dad.... he was the one in the movie.

    ReplyDelete