Friday, September 17, 2010

Little Miss Sunshine

Loki: I’ve noticed a trend around here called the “I didn’t do it” excuse. It’s hard to take criticism and to be blamed for doing something that you didn’t do. But some people cannot take criticism or blame for stuff that they DID do. We have talked about Poodle before, and I am sure we have mentioned what an array of sunshine she is each day. She is the most negative person you will ever meet. If you want to gripe about an agent or a work related problem then she is always down to bash someone with you. As the “office manager” she regularly corrects the mistakes of newcomers and will even correct me at times (Gasp!) But she never appears to correct herself! Just now I was talking with her and letting her know about an unhappy agent and she replied, “Oh, that might be my fault. I didn’t send him what he needed.” I thought, “Wow! She is taking responsibility for something!” However, she quickly said, “Well, he should have known that I didn’t send him that. It’s just as much his fault!” Haha I guess some people just can’t take it.

But I guess that I am horrible at getting critiqued too because I only hear the negative part of what they are saying. I am glad I don’t work in a more corporate office where you get reviews quarterly. Although I guess you could also argue that there are chances for RAISES then! But that’s another subject! I always cry during them too. LIKE ALWAYS. One time I was being told something about how my attitude stunk or that I was mean on the phone. I sat there and bit the crud out of my inside lip. (I was pregnant too so I am sure that didn’t help although that might just be my excuse for being a baby.) I was trying my hardest to not let my tears fall. I hate crying in front of people especially because the reason I am crying is because I am so mad. It’s also weird here because only the youngins get “reviewed”…So it isn’t fair in my eyes to only review part of the staff. I don’t know why I am talking about reviews…Let’s not jinx ourselves. No reviews in the near future! Although I must say I have done a spectacular job of acting like I love this place and answering in a happy sounding voice. Right, Stella? She always tells me when I get to sounding too harsh. Did you know you can hear my expression in my voice? This cannot be helped.

Stella: In order to conduct a review, a description of one’s job must be written down and explained in detail so that the person in charge can look at what is being done and decide how to critique the work being done. This is why Poodle and P.R. do NOT ever get reviews. Because we do not know what the CRAP they are doing over there. When Poodle went out of town for 2 weeks, I was in charge of keeping her work up caught up. I could seriously finish all of her work in 20 minutes. They act as if they are so busy every single day, and even our boss doesn’t know what they spend all of their time doing. If they were ever to review me negatively I would simply say this: I did three people’s job for 3 months and did not get a cent extra for it. Meanwhile, P.R. comes and leaves whenever she wants, gets paid a butt-load of money, and you don’t even know what she is doing over there.

But they have never critiqued my work ever. In fact, I think Poodle acts as if I know more than her. They have gotten to where they ask ME to tell the new girls things because they know people like me and won’t be offended (like others would.) Too bad you didn’t work here with me Curls. I am the light around this place. Loki’s own personal sun she would say. Even ChaCha told me today that the office is so quiet and dull when I am not around. Haha. Aw, to be loved and adored by all. It is hard at times I know. I am even in high demand to just write out some silly thoughts for my family to read each day.

Loki: “My own personal sunshine...” hmmm… who is quoting Twilight now?! Yes, you are adored by all, and I am glad to see that you have gotten out of your funk. Although it is more likely that you are so bored there today without ME that you decided to blog finally. Hooray. And as far as the reviews go, what really happened is that you are my sister and they knew that if they make you mad than they will make me mad as well and vice versa. So they are afraid to turn us both against them. And Poodle used to really abuse those front deskers! The person before you quit after receiving a horrible review, and she told Poodles off in a letter about how she treated her like a child etc. (She worked here after Curls.) I told Poodle to her face that I agreed with the letter. After that she quit sending her "emails.” Although I do hear from Cha Cha that she started back again.

Stella: Okay, well that is what she spends half of the day doing! Typing out emails that she could probably say in 2 minutes if she would just let us talk. Instead of walking up to someone’s desk and saying “This is the new procedure for doing this…” she has to put it all in writing. It is a waste of time. But I guess she doesn’t have anything else to do over there. ChaCha is so easy going that I’m sure that Poodle’s bossy emails don’t offend her. I’m still maintaining that they couldn’t complain about me if they tried. Haha. And you’ve gotten slightly better at not screaming at people on the phone. You still aren’t NICE to them though. And I just remembered how much I loved this movie.



What makes your day sunny?

1 comment:

  1. No comments on this post. It must have been a bore... Too bad. I will make one :)

    ReplyDelete