Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Trash Day

Stella: We pay someone (what’s his name?) to come clean the office every night. But I swear the man doesn’t do anything but empty the trash. One time I dropped a pretzel on the floor by my desk and left it there to see how long it would take for him to sweep it up. Weeks went by and pretty soon I just gave in and threw it away myself. I’m also pretty sure that the only thing he does in the bathrooms is spray Lysol.

Loki: I don’t know what his name is but he can’t read. Plugs has tried to leave him notes before about doing extra cleaning and it never gets done. If they want someone to do extra they hire a different cleaning service. I know he cleans my desk because I am messy… and I leave crumbs all the time on the floor and they are always swept up. Maybe he thinks no one sits at your desk. I would like an extra $100 a week to empty the trashcans and spray Lysol. That would be the easiest cleaning job in the world. I could even do that cleaning job. Speaking of, do you feel up to making some extra dough? I think my house is in need of a good Stella cleaning. It would make Big T so happy (and me… I am tired of hearing about how I don’t wax the counter tops correctly.) I am sorry but I don’t think you should have to wipe and scrub the counter top with 3 different products (clean, shine, wax). Please let’s not discuss my cleaning handy capabilities.

Stella: No thanks. I will try not to discuss your cleanliness at home. But as far as the office goes, I do clean up Loki’s desk every Friday when I sit at it. She gets mad & spazzes out because “she can’t find things” on Monday. But it’s a mess. Paperclips & pens everywhere. Salt & pepper in the middle of the desk with paper tossed here & there. It also irritates me how no one else can install a new roll of toilet paper. And by install, I mean, pop the old one out & pop a new one in. Even Loki will just set a new roll on top of the sink rather than take the 2 seconds of effort it requires to put in the new roll.

Loki: Stella is delusional and obsessive compulsive. My desk is by far cleaner than anyone else here (minus Stella). She rearranges my desk so much and gets rid of “useless paper” which just happens to be phone numbers and passwords I need to do my job. She will put things like the stapler or tape in my desk… and I would rather it be easily accessible and ON MY DESK. I have to come back and search for things on Monday. Please note that I am only gone 1 day and Stella doesn’t HAVE to come over to my desk to work… she just can’t help it. Just leave it alone you say? Yeah Right! I think she likes to clean my desk because staring at PR's desk will give her an aneurysm.
Oh and I don’t even “install” toilet paper at home on a regular basis. Yes it seems rather easy to do but I guess when I am finding something to wipe with I am not paying attention to where the toilet paper is located…just as long as I have some in reach. Do you keep track of my bathroom usage? It has gone down considerably since I was with-child. I do not miss the extra peeing/puking time in the office bathroom.

Would this make you happpy Stella? You would never run out of toilet paper.... or really, you would probably only have one filled at a time.

What do you like to clean?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hate to clean too. But I do..or otherwise I wouldn't like living in my home. I miss my cleaning help. I used to come home to the whole house clean and not it's almost always a bit cluttered...and only one thing gets cleaned every two days or so..not counting dishes which Grampa helps me..oh and he'll vaccume too..and mop floor like he saw Stella do at various times. I love the several toilet papers on the wall..no one changes them here either...but I don't mind really...that way I get to decide which way the paper hangs up or under. I used to have to keep my office desk clean and that was so hard as I liked the stapeler and pens left out and I had notes taped to the calendar that decorated my desk. Maybe it's a good thing Stella only works part time..of course Loki isn't there to protect her stuff on Fridays..but hey,what are sisters for. Sometimes to love and help and sometimes to annoy and irritate. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just the opposite. I like to keep everything tucked away neatly in the desk. It's still easily accessible! You just have to open the drawer and then you still have a nice, clean surface. And I'm glad I taught Grandpa how to mop. haha If I ever quit my job, I'll come clean for you again. :)

    ReplyDelete