Monday, September 13, 2010

Idiosyncrasy

Loki: I’ve been noticing some real weird quirks about myself… Like how I cannot get my socks to be tight enough on my feet. I am constantly taking off my shoes and pulling my sock tighter. It needs to be tight and smooth on my toes. Is that weird? I remember doing this when I was a kid too… and my socks would be too big so I would have the excess folded up by my heal. Tell me this is normal.


Stella: Instead of telling you what a freak you are, I will merely point out that you have freakishly weird feet. It’s no wonder that a normal sock, which is made & designed for the average person’s foot, would not fit on your long, bone skinny appendage. There’s nothing wrong with wanting the sock to fit properly, but you should give up on that now... Also, I must note that I can’t look at your feet without shivering at the sight of them. But not everyone can have beautiful pristine feet like me, and everyone has quirks. For example, I can’t throw away something without reading the entire packaging first. You would think I was a marketing major in college or something the way I read every label. Even if it’s just a box of soap or shampoo just like the one I’ve already had before I still read all of the print on the box first. I’m especially bad with toy packaging and food… Like I said, everything I buy. I also can’t stop myself from cleaning up the table after I’m done eating at a restaurant. It’s like I am the busboy needing to get everything swept up and organized so the table can be easily wiped and ready for the next patrons. How is that for unconventional behavior?

Loki: I just saw a preview for a show about a hoarder who has to read every label. She reads it to herself over and over… all the fine print. I think she keeps it in fear that she would need to know the information later. She was reading a dog food label during the preview. At least you can throw it away after reading! I also scratch my throat by making a really loud noise. I know I am not the only one who has this particular quirk, as I am pretty sure I learned this from Chocolate Chip. I just can’t help doing it even though I know I sound like a pig . I don’t understand how other people get rid of the itch in their throat. You obviously cannot stick your finger down there and scratch…Hello gag refluxes! The other weird thing I do (that I can think of right now although I am sure there are many many more) is my inability to listen to someone else speak without picking up on their accent and imitating it. You can always tell who I have hung out with that day based on the way I talk later. I can talk real country fried sometimes… That one is probably the easiest slip I have… Hmm. I wonder why?!! (If you knew me as a child or have seen videos of me as a child you would understand!) I have been known to talk British, ghetto, like Stella, or my other friends who have very different inflictions.

Stella: First of all, why do you have such an itchy throat? My throat doesn’t itch... It is now confirmed. You are a freak. Hah. But I guess my ears hurt & I have to pop them daily (which I’ve had to stop doing while driving since it makes me dizzy.) And APPARENTLY, I have a funny way of talking seeing as how my cousins like to imitate me as well. I guess everything I say is real LOOOONG and DRAAAAWWWNNNNN OUT like it’s 10 syllables… Whatever. Haters.

Loki: You sound normal to me. But Big T has said before, “You are talking like Stella. Stop it.” My throat doesn’t itch all the time, just every now and then. Maybe it’s because I talk too much. Rubbing your ears and popping them daily is weird! I used to think you were telling me I smelled bad when you would plug your nose (to pop your ears.) What do you do when you are on a plane? When we go on our family ski trip will your ears hurt worse then too? Since we are speaking of your ears once again on this blog…maybe it is time to go get them checked out… I am constantly finding that I put on my clothes inside out. Usually it’s just my underwear or undershirts.. I guess I don’t pay close attention while dressing. I also always have mismatched socks on too.

Stella: That’s because you are Lucille Ball. (Why didn’t we just name you LUCY on here?) Also, I don’t know how altitude affects my ears seeing as how I never go anywhere & will probably never ride in an airplane again. But if I ever manage to escape, I will be sure to let you know.

P.S. Do not google images of ugly feet unless you want to puke. And remind me to not let any man I might ever date in the future know that I write a blog that describes in detail what a crazy person I am or I will be destined to never leave Oklahoma to go anywhere wonderful. It’ll have to remain a secret for there to be any chance of me sounding like a normal person and the odds are already against me. Please, please let me see blue water someday….


Check out Loki's new facebook profile pic. Bahahah. Immature much? I think not.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear I have a few idiosyncrasies too. Why do I have to keep a litany of what I wear and eat every day? Why do I have to hold my stomach in now even after my Mom is long gone? And why do I think I can afford anything I try on and like and not look at the cost? And yes, once I start to clean the kitchen I'm in there for hours wiping down everything and putting everything away like it was being staged or something? No one I knew breast fed and I too hid in a bedroom or bathroom to feed NanaBess...my precious MIL would come rescue me and tell me little NanaBess had enough and I could go join the adults now. I would never have gone through the pumping thing and was more worried about gaining weight when nursing than nursing my babies forever. I was always ready to guit when my clothes got too tight. And sorry to say I thought being away from home was always better than staying home so if any of my kids wanted to sleep over anywhere I was up for that. Maybe because I had others to care for? And since my MIL always thought I was starving NanaBess by only nursing her she and sisterinlaw wanted me to feed her babyfood. Being just 19 I figured they knew more than me so no problem. NanaBess only got nursed for 4 months than went right to whole milk in a bottle. Oh yes, I too can mimic accents. After being in OK for two months going home everyone thought I sounded like a crazy Texan with my new drawl..ha ha. I love English and Iris dialects too. It doesn't take me long to imitate a new accent when I hear it. Do you think this is genetic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be genetic, cuz I love imitating people. I can't talk to a british person without talking british to them back. I love accents too. I don't think I have to many wierd things, other than scratching my throat as Loki said. It is a great way to itch your throat. GMA Modern also taught us to hold our tummies in. I will hold mine in till the day I die. Thanks mom for all the vain things you taught me. If you hadn't I would surely be fat and ugly. I would have gross colored hair, wiskers on my chin, bushy unkept eye brows, big honkin love handles, still with no butt, and no sense of style. So see, vanity is a good thing. Oh, just to make mom happy, She did teach me other more important lessons like having a quiet time and all that good stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not hold my tummy in, I do not pluck my chin? or whatever she was implying, I do NOT scratch my throat in the weird way of making a fish face with awful pig sounds, I have never been told i talk funny,.... Hm, I cant think of any idiosyncrasies. My friends LooLoo and Shorty used to make fun of me and my family all the time for smacking and the way I chew gum? but I dont think thats a weird mannerism...its just bad manners. I guess I dont have one.

    ReplyDelete